Total # of Specialty Dining Nights????

tomtravel

Since we are on a 7 Day cruise-NCL Breakaway to Bermuda  and I booked the "Free" Dinner and drinks package,   How many specialty dinner nights come with the Package???  (MyCruise summary shows only two???)    I swear it used to be three!    I do get 2 additional from Latitudes --but I swear it used to be  3 nights.  Thanks

1 minute ago, tomtravel said:

Wow   --how long ago did they change that?   Thanks

The change from three to two on the Free at Sea options happened some time in 2020, I think. With Free at Sea basically being the norm, instead of an occasional promo, the specialty restaurants were overburdened with guests. Maybe losing money too. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Specialty dining promo for a 7 night cruise has gone from unlimited uses to 4 uses to 3 uses to the current 2 uses in the past 6 years or so.

yep....we had a 14 nt cruise with unlimited specialty dining for 14nts!! It was so tough....we had to skip a few nights and just grab something light at the buffet!

Then, for quite while, a 7nt cruise would get 3 meals and a 9nt or longer 4 meals....now it is 2 meals/7nts and 3 meals/9 nts or longer.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WYB! said:

But if your status with NCL is Platinum or higher you should get another 2 dinners in either Le Bistro or Cagneys & Moderno or La Cuccina..

Yes  I/we get the other two Latitudes dinner for a total of 4---but as Two wheels only stated they have been chopping away at this.

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Specialty dining promo for a 7 night cruise has gone from unlimited uses to 4 uses to 3 uses to the current 2 uses in the past 6 years or so.

Thanks for the info---i remember 3 out of 7 nights- Good deal-------Internet and excursions-add ons  to the package is not needed or used--but they cut the Dining night by one!    Good information for everyone! Thanks

6 hours ago, tomtravel said:

Thanks for the info---i remember 3 out of 7 nights- Good deal-------Internet and excursions-add ons  to the package is not needed or used--but they cut the Dining night by one!    Good information for everyone! Thanks

I sailed Encore 1/19/2020 for 7 days and had the free at sea that came with 3 specialty meals.

They've made the change since the pandemic began which is a little disappointing but not really a big deal. We've always enjoyed the mdr's and will continue to do so when we sail Joy 1/15/2022.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I sailed Encore 1/19/2020 for 7 days and had the free at sea that came with 3 specialty meals.

They've made the change since the pandemic began which is a little disappointing but not really a big deal. We've always enjoyed the mdr's and will continue to do so when we sail Joy 1/15/2022.

I have learned that they made the change so more people can enjoy the specialty restaurants.  We also enjoy the MDR and people watching!  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, tomtravel said:

I have learned that they made the change so more people can enjoy the specialty restaurants.  We also enjoy the MDR and people watching!  Thanks!

While that may be the purported reason, the real reason is to increase revenues. Concurrent with the decrease in the number of included nights they introduced a 2 night package for purchase when previously the smallest package was 3 nights. Oh and they increased the pricing of all the packages as well.  

With NCL every change is about revenue enhancement. 

• Like 2

They changed it sometime fairly early on during COVID. I remember reading about the impending change here on CC (a TA shared it, I believe), so we booked two more cruises under the old promo before it chaged. Both of those cruises have LONG since been canceled, so it must have been pretty early on. I believe the cruises we booked were for January and May of 2021, so it was well before that.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Thanks 1