RCL Group data breach

excitedofharpenden

6 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I am trying to figure this out.  I have not had any notifications and I have sailed on RCI, Celebrity and Azamara! 

From my experience with other data breaches I would say that when they reviewed it they did not identify your personal details as having been accessed and that's why you haven't heard. What I'm not clear on is how they were able to ascertain this. Did I log on to my account?  Or use the website to input details?  If it was the date they say it was then I haven't actively been doing much what with the suspension of cruising.

With the British Airways data breach I was easily able to identify the booking I made during the time period of the breach. It was a flight to Copenhagen to get to a Journey cruise!  Azamara do not hold my payment details (or at least they didn't back in February), so it's just my other personal information. And I'm not happy about that. I'm thinking about what i should do, aside from the safeguards I'm taking with checking my credit history. 

Phil 

9 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

From my experience with other data breaches I would say that when they reviewed it they did not identify your personal details as having been accessed and that's why you haven't heard. What I'm not clear on is how they were able to ascertain this. Did I log on to my account?  Or use the website to input details?  If it was the date they say it was then I haven't actively been doing much what with the suspension of cruising.

With the British Airways data breach I was easily able to identify the booking I made during the time period of the breach. It was a flight to Copenhagen to get to a Journey cruise!  Azamara do not hold my payment details (or at least they didn't back in February), so it's just my other personal information. And I'm not happy about that. I'm thinking about what i should do, aside from the safeguards I'm taking with checking my credit history. 

Phil 

Hi Phil.  Who knows?  Maybe we haven’t been notified yet in US.  I did a search and nothing really came up.  I managed to get caught up in the BA data breach as I had flights scheduled in 2020 to meet up with an Azamara cruise that was cancelled, of course.  But I never received the offer to be part of a class action ……must have been just for the UK.  I agree that all these data leaks are very frustrating!