The allocation of GTY suites

tiggertom

Hi

Does anyone know when they allocate GTY suites? We are on Silver Dawn on 19 November, 70 days to go, and I have been checking every day. I see people discussing their GTY allocations on other cruise going after mine so I wondered how the process works? Thanks

5 hours ago, tiggertom said:

Hi

Does anyone know when they allocate GTY suites? We are on Silver Dawn on 19 November, 70 days to go, and I have been checking every day. I see people discussing their GTY allocations on other cruise going after mine so I wondered how the process works? Thanks

Hi, 🙂I booked a gty for my recent sailing to Alaska.....I got my suite between 10 days and 2 weeks before I sailed. You still have over 2 months to go........I have no idea how they decide when the cabin will be released though. I ended up calling SS asking about it and within 2 days of my phone call I received a call back and an email with my suite number.  We are still in September......I would give it another month. 

• Like 1

With all the problems caused by the long shutdown of their systems, I imagine there are a number of non-critical things on which thy are running behind their normal schedule. 

If I can offer a suggestion, it would be to not check every day. Daily checking just builds in some unnecessary frustration and anxiety. You know you'll have a suite, and which suite you get won't change your planning or preparation for the trip. 🙂

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, 🙂I booked a gty for my recent sailing to Alaska.....I got my suite between 10 days and 2 weeks before I sailed. You still have over 2 months to go........I have no idea how they decide when the cabin will be released though. I ended up calling SS asking about it and within 2 days of my phone call I received a call back and an email with my suite number.  We are still in September......I would give it another month. 

@Lois R thanks, I will wait and see

18 hours ago, cruiseej said:

With all the problems caused by the long shutdown of their systems, I imagine there are a number of non-critical things on which thy are running behind their normal schedule. 

If I can offer a suggestion, it would be to not check every day. Daily checking just builds in some unnecessary frustration and anxiety. You know you'll have a suite, and which suite you get won't change your planning or preparation for the trip. 🙂

@cruiseejthanks, I am just so excited about my long awaited first Silversea cruise

My 3 GTY bookings still on the go, all got allocated relatively soon after the bookings made. Over a year in fact. My Mar 2023 was allocated several months ago - not far short of 2 years prior. I have no explanation on why some seem to be left to the wire and others so far out. It may well be my SS agent pre-empting things, though I genuinely have no idea. Alas I know the first of the 3 is about to fall and I suspect the second will also from Japan to Alaska next May.