Cannot change stateroom due to "glitch"

PyrHeaven

I called MSC this morning to change 3 cabins (2 in one reservation and 1 in another) so we can be together (all Fantastica balconies on MSC Divina).

They were able to change the cabin on a separate reservation without any issue, and also the 2nd cabin on the second reservation, but said there was a glitch and the 1st cabin on the second ressrvation would not change and to call back later.

Has anyone had this happen before? Do you think I'll ever successfully get this cabin changed? MSC moved my cabin yesterday from starboard to port side, and I'm really hoping to get it changed.

I had a similar experience yesterday, as my on-line TA tried to change our cabin for Oct.9 Meraviglia, but I was assured it would work out.  It would be great to be closer to the stairs/lifts, since I found out the aft stairs/lifts were crew only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

It's MSC; there's always a glitch with their computer system....🤪

That is what I'm learning. LOL 

I just called again and this person told me it is stating there is an occupancy restriction on the room. Well MSC moved us yesterday to a 3 person cabin when we have 4 people in it (one is a baby). The room I'm asking to move to is a 4 person cabin. Makes no sense!

I've now emailed them because apparently they have more power than the phone people. We will see!

31 minutes ago, PyrHeaven said:

The room I'm asking to move to is a 4 person cabin. Makes no sense!

It's possible that the ship has reached lifeboat capacity for that section of the ship. Even though the stateroom may sleep 4, if the surrounding staterooms assigned to the same lifeboat are at capacity, MSC cannot put you there. 

However, I doubt that lifeboat capacity is the problem. More than likely, it is just phone rep/IT issue with MSC....

34 minutes ago, PyrHeaven said:

Well MSC moved us yesterday to a 3 person cabin when we have 4 people in it (one is a baby).

...see what I mean? 🤪

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PyrHeaven said:

I called MSC this morning to change 3 cabins (2 in one reservation and 1 in another) so we can be together (all Fantastica balconies on MSC Divina).

They were able to change the cabin on a separate reservation without any issue, and also the 2nd cabin on the second reservation, but said there was a glitch and the 1st cabin on the second ressrvation would not change and to call back later.

Has anyone had this happen before? Do you think I'll ever successfully get this cabin changed? MSC moved my cabin yesterday from starboard to port side, and I'm really hoping to get it changed.

I would call back.
It is amazing how other CS reps can make something happen after being told “ no can do”.   
When dealing with travel issues (airlines etc)  I thank them for their time and move on to next call. Until I get the same answer 3 times, it is worth pursuing. IMHO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It's possible that the ship has reached lifeboat capacity for that section of the ship. Even though the stateroom may sleep 4, if the surrounding staterooms assigned to the same lifeboat are at capacity, MSC cannot put you there. 

However, I doubt that lifeboat capacity is the problem. More than likely, it is just phone rep/IT issue with MSC....

Good thought. I didn't think of that! Though, I agree I don't think that's the issue. The ship is wiiiide open. We are on the October 10th sailing. I even asked the person to try moving us to a different cabin on a completely different deck, and she said the same thing was occuring.

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

From reading posts like this over the past few months, it seems that phoning on the weekend is not the way to go.  Weekday calls usually seem much more successful.

Thank you! I'll try again on Monday. I am thinking you're right. I've made 3 calls so far, and no one can help. The first call was on Friday but right at closing time, so I'm sure she just wanted to get rid of me.

This same rep also told me it will "take 3 weeks to get approval for a pack n play/crib in our room". 3 weeks? What!? I'm guessing not many will be cruising with infants in October, so we will take our chances. 😉

15 hours ago, zounds said:

I had a similar experience yesterday, as my on-line TA tried to change our cabin for Oct.9 Meraviglia, but I was assured it would work out.  It would be great to be closer to the stairs/lifts, since I found out the aft stairs/lifts were crew only.

LOL I learned the hard way that these aft stairs are not passenger-friendly on Megaviglia during my last cruise.  I thought surely the stairs would at least go up to the buffet to grab a drink and sneak out to the open deck - nope.

That said, you can access the stairs and move about between decks, but these are completely enclosed.  Oh yeah, you can also go all the way up to the buffet - and get out in the very back where they kept dirty dishes.  Odd design if you ask me, I didn't see any reason why there could not be at least cut-outs to see some fresh air, like on Fantasia class.

After 5 phone calls, I was finally able to get our stateroom changed. Wahoo!! In case anyone reads this with the same issue, the phone rep needs to contact the lead, who still won't be able to change it. The lead will then need to put in a request to "a higher power", who made it happen in less than 24 hours. Hallelujah! Let the good times roll.

• Like 1