Why Oceania still booking cruises to/from Venice?

mexicobob

Planning future cruises but do not understand why Oceania continues to advertise they are sailing from Venice. Guess it will be like sailing into the Rome port but that facility has been operational for decades. Does not sound like they have a permanent port for Venice yet.  Know they will work something out but not the same. Guess nothing in life is any more. Just wary of booking further into the unknown that already exists.

I have read on other forums that for cruises in 2022 and beyond, it is possible that the port of Maghera (Venice) might be available for Oceania ships. The speculation is that Oceana is waiting to find out how this will get resolved for future years.

27 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I have read on other forums that for cruises in 2022 and beyond, it is possible that the port of Maghera (Venice) might be available for Oceania ships. The speculation is that Oceana is waiting to find out how this will get resolved for future years.

Oct 2022 here and last two days are supposed to be in Venice, long way off for sure, but even if not and they substitute Trieste (which I would love) we will then just train it to Venice and stay for 3-4 days.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Planning future cruises but do not understand why Oceania continues to advertise they are sailing from Vienna. Guess it will be like sailing into the Rome port but that facility has been operational for decades. Does not sound like they have a permanent port for Vienna yet.  Know they will work something out but not the same. Guess nothing in life is any more. Just wary of booking further into the unknown that already exists.

Sorry, my mistake. Meant Venice.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Why Oceania still booking cruises to/from Venice?