The Daily for Sunday September 12, 2021

richwmn

9 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Don't give up hope!  They're updating the boarding times several times before sailing, yours could be moved sooner.  I don't remember the exact sequence, something like one month, 2 weeks, and then finally 3 days out. We started with  a boarding time of 1:20, now have 12:20.  Our PCC said that handicapped will board first, (he didn't mention passengers having HAL hotels/transportation, but it seems to be happening that way) 4 and 5-star Mariners, Pinnacle and Neptune Suites, then the rest. 

We are in a Neptune Suite next week and originally had a boarding time of 12:20. It then got moved to 1:00, and a week later it was changed to 1:20. We can drive to Seattle so no Flight Ease or HAL booked hotel. It seems to be bad form to announce an earlier boarding time and then change it to later. It feels like a take-away. Like @Sharon in AZ we enjoy lunch in the MDR on embarkation day. That won't happen with a 1:20 boarding.

• Like 5

I never got to this yesterday but here is a photo from Fuerte Armador.  It's the Biomuseo, a very strange looking building on the Causeway connecting Fuerte Armador with Panama City.  A side of it should be visible from the approach to the Panama Canal.

biomuseo.jpg

Roy

• Like 10

10 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

We are in a Neptune Suite next week and originally had a boarding time of 12:20. It then got moved to 1:00, and a week later it was changed to 1:20. We can drive to Seattle so no Flight Ease or HAL booked hotel. It seems to be bad form to announce an earlier boarding time and then change it to later. It feels like a take-away. Like @Sharon in AZ we enjoy lunch in the MDR on embarkation day. That won't happen with a 1:20 boarding.

Ugh. I didn't mean to make it sound like everyone ends up better off -- hopefully you'll get another update in a few days (I was told they come about 3 days out) and it will be better.  For that matter, ours could get pushed later too.  We're 5-star and will be in a Neptune Suite also -- there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. 😞  

• Like 1