Is the pre-cruise Covid test time frame 2 days or 48 hours prior?

Decali

As per the Carnival web site:

Effective with sailings as of September 13, 2021, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in.

Edited by nina_930
font
  • Like 2

Oh crap, I was just checking the vax and testing requirements and found this - "The vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date. This means that on embarkation day, 15 days will have passed since the final dose was received."

So if one was vaxed on a Saturday it appears they would be an issue to board exactly 2 weeks later on a Saturday.

Tried to call CS but they are too busy to accept calls ATM.

CDC website says this - "A person is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) or ≥2 weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine"

Equal to or greater than 2 weeks.

Edited by quattrohead

It is two days, not 48 hours. I just dealt with this with my parents on a carnival cruise out of Baltimore, leaving last Sunday. 

Sail time was 7 PM on Sunday. No clinic that offered a rapid test around us was open on Friday evening or Saturday, so I had to book them a Friday morning test slot, outside of the 48 hour window. It was not an issue.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 8:21 PM, Decali said:

Travelling on a Saturday and leaving on Sunday. It's kind of a tight window either way but I don't want to be denied because my test is an hour or so too old. 

I'm sure it's been answered already but I couldn't find it. 

2 days. They do not go by hours.