How full is celebrity edge?

robntawn

Just got off Edge 9/11 and there were ~ or less than 1,000. Heard that 9/11 cruise was ~700.

Port, Ship looked deserted when we got to port at 10:30am and when we got off ship at 8am. Our Boarding time was 12, but they let us into Terminal 25 at 11:30am. Very quick and no lines. Got on ship around 12:30. Ensure that you have Passport, C19 Vaccination Record and Pre-Test in hand. No need to register Credit Card if you did so on-line. Paper print out or Phone Ship Boarding, too. Get Sea Pass when you go to your room.  

Never seen it like that before. All venues were wide open without any problems of getting reservations, seats, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Just got off Edge 9/11 and there were ~ or less than 1,000. Heard that 9/11 cruise was ~700.

Port, Ship looked deserted when we got to port at 10:30am and when we got off ship at 8am. Our Boarding time was 12, but they let us into Terminal 25 at 11:30am. Very quick and no lines. Got on ship around 12:30. Ensure that you have Passport, C19 Vaccination Record and Pre-Test in hand. No need to register Credit Card if you did so on-line. Paper print out or Phone Ship Boarding, too. Get Sea Pass when you go to your room.  

Never seen it like that before. All venues were wide open without any problems of getting reservations, seats, etc.

Excellent information. Thank you. I’ve never had a free cruise, and if numbers aboard are decreased, it’s an even bigger bonus!

9 hours ago, robntawn said:

Just wondering if anybody knows how many cruisers they are allowing a board celebrity edge currently. I just got an email from the gambling department of celebrity, offering a free cruise during the month of October.

We were on the Edge 3 weeks ago & had 800 passengers.  It was awesome.  The 2 weeks prior to our sailing they had 1400 passengers each week.  Captain Kate said that Celebrity is hoping to Getto 80% capacity by the end of the year.

Is Edge limited to that capacity now (800-1000) or is the enthusiasm for cruising starting to wane just a bit after the excitement to get back?  A lot of people still waiting in the wings because of virus concerns and constant changing of the requirements?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Is Edge limited to that capacity now (800-1000) or is the enthusiasm for cruising starting to wane just a bit after the excitement to get back?  A lot of people still waiting in the wings because of virus concerns and constant changing of the requirements?

I don't believe the cruise line is capping numbers at 800 to 1000. When we sailed on July 10th we had 1400 passengers onboard.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

So fewer people sailing or more cancellations?

The difference could have been due to other factors having nothing to do with covid. July could have seen families and "summer vacationers". And a lot of folks don't sail to the Caribbean in September as that's peak hurricane season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booklady26 said:

The difference could have been due to other factors having nothing to do with covid. July could have seen families and "summer vacationers". And a lot of folks don't sail to the Caribbean in September as that's peak hurricane season. 

yes all possible.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

It's hard to say. Probably a combination of reasons. We just returned from a Crystal Cruise that sailed with 200 passengers on a ship with 900 capacity. One crew member seemed to think that hurricane season affected the bookings.  The crew said sailings will pick up in November. We're scheduled for the Edge again on Sept 25th. I'm curious what the passenger count will be. 

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I think that there are a good 6 or 7 reasons with the least of them being hurricane season.  My dealbreaker is what you can and can't do while in port and what is open.  I cruise for the destinations and not so much the floating hotel.  I think that there are some cancellations.  

A couple of weeks ago I was in Glacier National Park.  There was not much activity back and forth across the border due to the restrictions.  I think that some of that is in play here.  I can travel in the USA without restrictions, testing, tracing, etc.  Add in to the mix changing rules and it is difficult to keep up with.  My next cruise destination is shut down to cruising for the time being.  We will have to see what happens at final payment time.  That may turn into another land vacation.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1