Thermal spa on Oasis?

Jkaczanowski

The thermal suite on Oasis is on a lower deck in the spa area, no outside views. I believe the ladies' locker room is closer than the men's, which is a bit down the hall. The thermal suite has a couple of heated ceramic lounges, which are very nice, a small sauna and steam room, and an aromatherapy room (basically another small steam room with scent). There are also two specialty showers with water/lighting effects for rainstorm, mist, etc. Because it is mixed-sex, bathing suits are required in the thermal suite.

It's an attractive area, but a bit small, or it can feel that way if more than a few people are in there. It can get noisy, and sometimes people will monopolize one or the other of the facilities. You can check once you board if they have a single-use price. We paid for a two-person pass for a week when we sailed on Oasis. Spa slippers and robes, as well as towels, are provided, and there is a quiet room with flavored ice water. I suppose it would be something you could do at the same time as a mother/daughter thing, and it is relaxing if it's not crowded and noisy.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

The thermal suite on Oasis is on a lower deck in the spa area, no outside views. I believe the ladies' locker room is closer than the men's, which is a bit down the hall. The thermal suite has a couple of heated ceramic lounges, which are very nice, a small sauna and steam room, and an aromatherapy room (basically another small steam room with scent). There are also two specialty showers with water/lighting effects for rainstorm, mist, etc. Because it is mixed-sex, bathing suits are required in the thermal suite.

It's an attractive area, but a bit small, or it can feel that way if more than a few people are in there. It can get noisy, and sometimes people will monopolize one or the other of the facilities. You can check once you board if they have a single-use price. We paid for a two-person pass for a week when we sailed on Oasis. Spa slippers and robes, as well as towels, are provided, and there is a quiet room with flavored ice water. I suppose it would be something you could do at the same time as a mother/daughter thing, and it is relaxing if it's not crowded and noisy.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

we toured it in october and it seemed insanely small for a ship of 6000. even capacity controlled. if you  have been on the larger NCL ships like breakaway or bliss it's nothing like that. however i didnt ask the price so maybe it's  a lot cheaper. but i did imagine it with more people and relaxing didnt seem to be the word that comes to mind

When we cruised in September, the ship was at 2700 passengers. We purchased a couple’s week pass and did not have to select a specific time.  That being said, several times when we went all the loungers were being used and we had to wait.  Price was about $200 plus gratuity for a 7 day cruise.  Honestly, don’t know if I would do it again.  There is so much to do on Oasis and I think I’d enjoy going to the Solarium just as much. 

Hi!  Can anyone who has cruised recently please confirm whether the thermal suite needed to be reserved for a specific time slot during post-covid cruises?  It is available for me to book it for my upcoming cruise, but the site is making me select a 15 minute time slot.  Can I still go whenever, or is entry time being controlled now because of covid?  I just spent (wasted) 40 minutes of my life on the phone with 2 different Royal Caribbean reps and finally was given the answer that not only is the thermal spa available for the specific time that you reserve it for, but that access is only for 15 minutes.  This can't possibly be correct, right?  I take that much time just getting changed!  LOL!  

Hubby and I did thermal suite for a week in September on Allure. Had to reserve times. You were allowed an hour, then they closed for cleaning for 30 minutes. In September, was never crowded, not sure what it would be like now. We were allowed to reserve multiple times a day if we wanted (never did more than once a day). Not sure if I'd do it again - enjoyed the ceramic chairs, found I couldn't breathe in wet steam room. 

5 hours ago, Newbieflorida said:

Hubby and I did thermal suite for a week in September on Allure. Had to reserve times. You were allowed an hour, then they closed for cleaning for 30 minutes. In September, was never crowded, not sure what it would be like now. We were allowed to reserve multiple times a day if we wanted (never did more than once a day). Not sure if I'd do it again - enjoyed the ceramic chairs, found I couldn't breathe in wet steam room. 

THANK YOU!!!!  This is extremely helpful.  I knew 15 min didn't sound right!  I love the ceramic chairs and agree steam does take some getting used to!