Binax Test Order - Mixed Results

WmFoster

36 minutes ago, JasperCruiser said:

I'm having bad luck too. My first shipment expires before my cruise leaves. I've been trying to call and email to see if I can get some shipped with a longer expiration date but so far no answer. 

the expiration dates have been extended.  Have you checked under the eMed website for the letter with the new expiration dates?

Go to their FAQ section and look for “when does my test expire”, under that answer is a link to a letter and at the bottom of the letter is a list of lot numbers with the new dates.

Hope this helps…

My lot number is 140709C. When I look that number up on their website it gives me an expiration of 9/28/21, but states that the expiration has been extended until 12/28/21, or three months. The letter states that the expiration dates have been extended "up to 12 months" so I didn't get a lucky package that gave me the full 12 month period as I thought was promised. 

12 hours ago, Chauncey Picklepants said:

I ordered a two pack from Optum and  4 pack from Emed.  Optum took longer and their communication was non-existent..  If you get close, Emed had our tests here overnight and by the next day with tracking info.

How did you order a 4 pack from Emed?   When I go to their website all I see is the 6 pack.   Thanks!

I ordered a 2 pack from Optum a few weeks ago and received it in 24 hours.  DH ordered another 2 pack (just in case something was wrong with original ones) and they hadn't even shipped 6 days later which was a couple of days before we were leaving on vacation so he called and cancelled.  We got home from vacation to find they had been delivered (never had a shipping notice) after we'd been gone 10 days and the temps had been 90 for a couple of days.  Funny thing is, we had a credit on our credit card for them so we tossed them and ordered two more Sun night and we received those today.

6 hours ago, JasperCruiser said:

My lot number is 140709C. When I look that number up on their website it gives me an expiration of 9/28/21, but states that the expiration has been extended until 12/28/21, or three months. The letter states that the expiration dates have been extended "up to 12 months" so I didn't get a lucky package that gave me the full 12 month period as I thought was promised. 

The "up to 12 months" means 12 months from manufacture date, not 12 months extension on expiration.  Our first two are extended by two months until late Dec.  I haven't checked the ones we got today yet.  We need them for a b2b on 28 Nov and 5 Dec.  Obviously we only need for the 28 Nov cruise as we'll be tested onboard before the second leg.

Edited by BND