Response I just got from Abbott about my BinaxNow home test.

Sgt. Jeff

OMG OMG, we got two test kits a week before we were going to cruise. My brothers test went without a hitch.

I went to do mine. Tried to put the 6 drops into the upper window and found the bottle was completely dry. Telehealth person saw my panicking and then caught on that I tried to switch to my brothers bottle and invalidated the test.

Then spent hours on hold with R/C and kit maker and pretty much told I am SOL.

Then the mass panic trying to find a place last evening how was willing to do a quick test and was turned away at each location.

I got an appointment today a a walk-in medi center were you pay 150 bucks for a quick PCR test and I am good to go.

I would highly recommend anyone who order these test to get at least 2 backup one. Sure your will wasting money but if you went through what I did after last night and the past 19 months it will be well worth it.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:24 AM, evandbob said:

How does the company know if they are selling to a solo individual or a family of 6, or anything in between?

Seller beware in this case, not necessarily the company's responsibility.

When I ordered from emed a few weeks ago, I had to submit 3 names for the 6-pack and it would not let me submit any more than that.  I suspect these may not be transferrable because there is a prescription involved.  Since there are 4 of us going on a cruise, we separately ordered a 2-pack in my wife's name from Optum.  I would not be surprised if their ordering web form has changed since then so your mileage may vary.

58 minutes ago, defiant said:

OMG OMG, we got two test kits a week before we were going to cruise. My brothers test went without a hitch.

I went to do mine. Tried to put the 6 drops into the upper window and found the bottle was completely dry. Telehealth person saw my panicking and then caught on that I tried to switch to my brothers bottle and invalidated the test.

Then spent hours on hold with R/C and kit maker and pretty much told I am SOL.

Then the mass panic trying to find a place last evening how was willing to do a quick test and was turned away at each location.

I got an appointment today a a walk-in medi center were you pay 150 bucks for a quick PCR test and I am good to go.

I would highly recommend anyone who order these test to get at least 2 backup one. Sure your will wasting money but if you went through what I did after last night and the past 19 months it will be well worth it.

I bought the 6 pack for 3 of us in case of any mishaps. We will schedule rapid tests at CVS/Walgreen just on case. Not going to let something arbitrary cause us not too cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MardiGras10022021 said:

hey boozen do they need to see you and the test kit or just test kit...tx

Both. From the videos I have seen, you have to be on camera to take the test. Once you put the swab in the thing, it has to stay on cam for the 15 minutes and you can go about your business. Once the timer goes off, you click on a "continue" button where another proctor comes on, scans the QR code again, and verifies the results. Pretty straight forward from what I have seen online.

• Like 1