Suites for upcoming Edge sailings? Move up?

Jbrattoncruise

Hi all, 

We are booked on the Edge in October and while looking at the upcoming cruises, all of the upper level suites (anything above celebrity Suite) say sold out on all of the dates.   However, we did get an email for move up bids.   Could Celebrity be holding these cabins for move up offers?  I was looking at the move up tracker and it seems some on the edge have been upgraded with fairly “poor” (not my word, celebrities - according to the bar thingy) bids. 

Sorry if this has been discussed before, just hopeful to win an upgrade!  

From my personal experience there were suites that became available within a week of sailing due to cancellations.     On my current cruise I was upgraded to a RS on one and PS on the next one.    Neither were showing when I won.

On you other statement about Luminae.    We are sailing at 100% suite capacity and Luminae has never  been overburdened.   Service and food have both been excellent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One other point.     There have been a number of people that were able to upgrade after the 3rd day of the cruise.   In a couple cases one in a family group had a porblem withe documentation (not sure which) and the family decided not to go and at least 2 SS opened up.   Those that won said they said the offered price was fair. 

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

From my personal experience there were suites that became available within a week of sailing due to cancellations.     On my current cruise I was upgraded to a RS on one and PS on the next one.    Neither were showing when I won.

On you other statement about Luminae.    We are sailing at 100% suite capacity and Luminae has never  been overburdened.   Service and food have both been excellent.  

Suites were at 100 percent capacity on my edge cruise, Luminae and retreat were crowded but staff was great , we went from sky suite to penthouse with move up a couple days before sailing.

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Would you mind indicated where the needle landed on your upgrade wins.  Weak, fair….etc.