Future Cruise Credit Confusion

SoonerDan

Hello!!

I am confused on our Future Cruise Credits we received as part of the cancellations we received from COVID

- some of our certificates didn't get reissued after a second cruise cancellation.  We called and they were reissued after a few days with manager approval (this was a few days ago we received the email).

- the email we got with the certificates said cruise "must be taken" by 4/30/22.

- we also have some certs under our kids.  Our understanding is we can transfer them to us (parents)

Questions:

Cruise we booked is for 4/24 seven night eastern- it returns 5/1/22..is this ok with the cruise taken by 4/30?

More confusion was when we called the agent said oh no you just have to book by 4/30/22 as long as it's taken by Sept 22

He also said we needed to draw up a letter asking to transfer kids credit to parents.  Have it notarized and then call and ask where to send it

Is any of this correct?  Do we need to call again? Can someone help me with my confusion??!

7 minutes ago, SoonerDan said:

Is any of this correct? 

Close, RCI extended the "sail by" date to 12/31/22 (it was 9/30/22 as your TA suggested), so your sailing is fine. The TA was right about the "apply by" date for FCC of 4/30/22.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

From the website:

What you need to know

• As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit.

• The Cruise with Confidence program covers bookings that are booked on or before October 31st, 2021, that set sail on or before April 30th, 2022.

• Future Cruise Credits are valid to book by April 30th, 2022 and sail by December 31, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later.

• You may owe any difference in cruise fare if your new booking exceeds the Future Cruise Credit’s value.

• Some restrictions may apply.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.  Was confusing to me because what I was reading on the site wasn't matching what it said in the email that accompanied the credits that came literally last Saturday.  I am thinking it was the old template since that was when credits would have originally been issued

As far as applying a FCC from a child...as long as the child is under 12. Yes my DD did have to write a letter to RCI (email) it certainly didn't have to be notarized. She just included all the details and within a couple of days she received an email that it had been approved. We then had to call and have that FCC applied to another family member.