Allure to Wonder - no 2 Bedroom Grand Suites

brianm27

We boooked a Two Bedroom Grand Suite on Allure for July 2022 (also managed to get one of the cabins with a hot tub on the balcony).  Now we are being switched to Wonder, which appears to have NO Two Bedroom Grand Suites.  Does anyone have any expeience being moved from one ship to another like this, where there is no one for one match in cabin types?  Talked to my TA who said we need to wait until we see what Royal does first, then we can go from there.  Hoping for a two bedroom Aqua Theater Suite, since there aren't other two bedroom options. 

This was a 2020 cruise, cancelled and rebooked for 2021, then canceled and rebooked for 2022.

51 minutes ago, Deez123 said:

Why are you being switched?   Allure is up and running.   If they aren't charging you extra, you are getting to go on a brand new ship with typically goes for ALOT more all things being equal.

Just another Royal Ship Switch/Reposition, been at least 4 others I'm aware of last month or so... Some mine no choice Royal gave refund only, no FCC, no Lift and Switch. Have take what they offer or give

just went through this with Rhapsody switching over to the Serenade , took FOrEVEr ( and we are still waiting for excursions to load up ) but our 2 bedroom GS turned in to a @ bedroom OS  almost twice the sq footage and a $$ price difference ( no $ change to us ) , directly over bars and nightclubs , but RCI did comp us wine & strawberrys

21 hours ago, Deez123 said:

Why are you being switched?   Allure is up and running.   If they aren't charging you extra, you are getting to go on a brand new ship with typically goes for ALOT more all things being equal.

Because Allure is no longer in Europe then. Its being replaced with Wonder 😀

23 hours ago, brianm27 said:

We boooked a Two Bedroom Grand Suite on Allure for July 2022 (also managed to get one of the cabins with a hot tub on the balcony).  Now we are being switched to Wonder, which appears to have NO Two Bedroom Grand Suites.  Does anyone have any expeience being moved from one ship to another like this, where there is no one for one match in cabin types?  Talked to my TA who said we need to wait until we see what Royal does first, then we can go from there.  Hoping for a two bedroom Aqua Theater Suite, since there aren't other two bedroom options. 

This was a 2020 cruise, cancelled and rebooked for 2021, then canceled and rebooked for 2022.

Maybe they put you in two connecting Junior Suites. A two bdr aqua would be a big upgrade and since wonder has a lot less suites I don’t expect any upgrades happening 🤷‍♂️ But good luck anyway, I am affected as well… 

We had booked a 2 bedroom grand suite for May. I would not be happy if they put us into 2 junior suites. We are travelling with other family members who have all booked suites. Grand suite and owners suite so they will be fine. A 2 bedroom aqua theatre suite would be fine.

7 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I thought announcement about wonder, but missed that it was replacing Allure on those itineraries. Where will Allure go instead? Don’t they still have a dry dock due in Europe?

Possible, probably depends on funding and an open slot in Cadiz

Her summer is wide open, and coming from Spain would facilitate the transit to Galveston

Edited by John&LaLa

• 4 weeks later...

We were moved from our 2 BR GS on Allure to two Junior Suites on Wonder.  We will retain the Grand Suite Benefits and recieve $300 OBC as well.  This was acceptable for us as two separate sleeping areas and two bathrooms were our main concern.  

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 4:42 PM, Heymarco said:

I saw announcement about Wonder, but missed that it was replacing Allure on those itineraries. Where will Allure go instead? Don’t they still have a dry dock due in Europe?

Allure had her mechanical dry dock last year but no amplification.  Next dry dock should be in 2025.