When do they test you before disembarkation?

numberguy

Hello everyone!

We're going on the Getaway November 24-December 5, 2021.  There has been a hiccup with our return flights.

We're supposed to disembark the ship on Sun, Dec 5, and spend a night in Rome.  Then we were supposed to fly home from Rome to Chicago via Dublin on Aer Lingus on Monday, Dec 6.  Now there's no flight from Dublin to Chicago on Monday, Dec 6, so we'll have to spend the night in Dublin (there are much worse problems to have) and fly home on Tuesday.  I just want to know when the tests are given on the ship to see if that will work all the way through until I get home, or if I need to get another test in Dublin.

Any insights?

(And if you're on this cruise but not signed up on the Roll Call, what are you waiting for?  Head on over now and sign up!)

--Michael 

3 hours ago, numberguy said:

Hello everyone!

We're going on the Getaway November 24-December 5, 2021.  There has been a hiccup with our return flights.

We're supposed to disembark the ship on Sun, Dec 5, and spend a night in Rome.  Then we were supposed to fly home from Rome to Chicago via Dublin on Aer Lingus on Monday, Dec 6.  Now there's no flight from Dublin to Chicago on Monday, Dec 6, so we'll have to spend the night in Dublin (there are much worse problems to have) and fly home on Tuesday.  I just want to know when the tests are given on the ship to see if that will work all the way through until I get home, or if I need to get another test in Dublin.

Any insights?

(And if you're on this cruise but not signed up on the Roll Call, what are you waiting for?  Head on over now and sign up!)

--Michael 

I'm sure they will do them to fit your needs depending where your onward travel is, some will need antigen some PCR and timescales will be dependant on final destination.

Fly out date will play a roll too as some people might not fly out for a couple of days.

Edited by ziggyuk

On 9/17/2021 at 3:00 PM, numberguy said:

Hello everyone!

Any insights?

--Michael 

Just got off of the Epic and everyone was given a test the day before we disembarked. I actually used that to fly back to the States even after spending two more nights in Rome. The results are given to you both as a paper copy and in the same app as the pre-board tests.