MSC Seaside 29/7/2022 - Major change

Rossco01

Just received below absolutely gobsmacked having only booked last month. This was our first attempt to rebook following cancellation last year. Really knocks your confidence in the cruise industry at the minute. I know we lose nothing in the cruise but flights is another thing. We booked BA so will get credit but this was a big family gathering, 4 cabins, so that’s a lot of credit to use. The itinerary has completely changed and getting to Genoa from the UK is not easy. MSC do have other Med cruises advertised similar to our original itinerary but can they be trusted to go ahead. I think it may be time to pause cruising for another year.

SUBJECT: Important Notice: Your upcoming cruise on MSC Seaside

SAILING DATE: 7/29/2022

ROUTE: MRS-MRS

REFERENCE: 36902669

Dear F*****

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing MSC Cruises and the beautiful MSC Seaside for your upcoming cruise departing7/29/2022.

MSC Cruises would like to inform you that due to operational reasons, your upcoming cruise on MSC Seaside departing Marseille, France will now embark in Genoa, Italy one day later with a change in their itinerary.

Please note the updated itinerary in the table below:

Port

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Genoa, Italy

17:00

Civitavecchia/Rome, Italy

08:00

18:00

Palermo/Monreale, Italy

10:00

At sea

Ibiza/Balearic Is., Spain

20:00

Valencia, Spain

19:00

At sea

Genoa, Italy

The excursion programme has of course been updated to reflect the changes to this itinerary and all details can be found on the MSC Cruises website and at the shore excursion office once on board. 

As your sailing has been modified, we would like to offer you the following options:

Option 1

Should you wish to accept the above changes,please note that there will be no change in the cruise cost. Furthermore, we would like to give you an additional benefit of a non-refundable on-board credit of €200.00 per cabin (€100.00 Single Occupancy) which will be applied to your reservation.

Should you wish to proceed with this option, your response must be sent tooperationsuk@msccruises.co.uk no later than31st October 2021.  

Option 2

Should you wish to move your cruise, MSC Cruises will be pleased to offer you the possibility to book any other cruise currently available for sale as per our Flexible Cruise Programme. 

These requests will be subject to our current promotions, live pricing, and cabin availability. Please note any existing on-board services will not be transferable to the new reservation.

These requests would need to be sent tooperationsuk@msccruises.co.uk by the 31stOctober 2021.

Option 3

Should you require more time to consider alternative sailings, please be advised that upon request to operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk no later than the 31st October 2021, we will issue new vouchers to them at the end of November 2021 that can be used to rebook, with an additional benefit of a non-refundable on-board credit of €200.00 per cabin (€100.00 Single Occupancy) which will be applied to your new reservation once made.

This voucher and incentive are offered outside the scope of the ABTA scheme of protection.

The Future Cruise Credit Voucher can be applied to any sailing currently on sale and can be redeemed until 30th April 2022.

Option 4:

If you would like to request a refund, please email operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk.

Important Notice:

You must provide feedback to ourselves no later than the 31st October 2021. In case no feedback has been received by this date; we will assume your acceptance of the modified changes.

Insurance 

When the time comes for you to sail with us again, it is mandatory for all guests to be in possession of Covid-19 travel insurance prior to your holiday with us. While we hope there is no need to use it, you must ensure your policy covers your holiday from booking through to the end of your cruise. This will ensure total peace of mind for you knowing you are fully protected.

We thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back on board.

Best regards,

Charlotte Jones

Head of Contact Centre UK & Ireland

Errors Omissions and Changes

Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of the data and content of the letter relating to the offer made.  Please be advised should an error occur MSC Cruises reserve the right to change the offer accordingly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rossco01 said:

Just received below absolutely gobsmacked having only booked last month. This was our first attempt to rebook following cancellation last year. Really knocks your confidence in the cruise industry at the minute. I know we lose nothing in the cruise but flights is another thing. We booked BA so will get credit but this was a big family gathering, 4 cabins, so that’s a lot of credit to use. The itinerary has completely changed and getting to Genoa from the UK is not easy. MSC do have other Med cruises advertised similar to our original itinerary but can they be trusted to go ahead. I think it may be time to pause cruising for another year.

SUBJECT: Important Notice: Your upcoming cruise on MSC Seaside

SAILING DATE: 7/29/2022

ROUTE: MRS-MRS

REFERENCE: 36902669

Dear F*****

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing MSC Cruises and the beautiful MSC Seaside for your upcoming cruise departing7/29/2022.

MSC Cruises would like to inform you that due to operational reasons, your upcoming cruise on MSC Seaside departing Marseille, France will now embark in Genoa, Italy one day later with a change in their itinerary.

Please note the updated itinerary in the table below:

Port

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Genoa, Italy

17:00

Civitavecchia/Rome, Italy

Palermo/Monreale, Italy

10:00

At sea

Ibiza/Balearic Is., Spain

20:00

Valencia, Spain

19:00

At sea

Genoa, Italy

The excursion programme has of course been updated to reflect the changes to this itinerary and all details can be found on the MSC Cruises website and at the shore excursion office once on board. 

As your sailing has been modified, we would like to offer you the following options:

Option 1

Should you wish to accept the above changes,please note that there will be no change in the cruise cost. Furthermore, we would like to give you an additional benefit of a non-refundable on-board credit of €200.00 per cabin (€100.00 Single Occupancy) which will be applied to your reservation.

Should you wish to proceed with this option, your response must be sent tooperationsuk@msccruises.co.uk no later than31st October 2021.  

Option 2

Should you wish to move your cruise, MSC Cruises will be pleased to offer you the possibility to book any other cruise currently available for sale as per our Flexible Cruise Programme. 

These requests will be subject to our current promotions, live pricing, and cabin availability. Please note any existing on-board services will not be transferable to the new reservation.

These requests would need to be sent tooperationsuk@msccruises.co.uk by the 31stOctober 2021.

Option 3

Should you require more time to consider alternative sailings, please be advised that upon request to operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk no later than the 31st October 2021, we will issue new vouchers to them at the end of November 2021 that can be used to rebook, with an additional benefit of a non-refundable on-board credit of €200.00 per cabin (€100.00 Single Occupancy) which will be applied to your new reservation once made.

This voucher and incentive are offered outside the scope of the ABTA scheme of protection.

The Future Cruise Credit Voucher can be applied to any sailing currently on sale and can be redeemed until 30th April 2022.

Option 4:

If you would like to request a refund, please email operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk.

Important Notice:

You must provide feedback to ourselves no later than the 31st October 2021. In case no feedback has been received by this date; we will assume your acceptance of the modified changes.

Insurance 

When the time comes for you to sail with us again, it is mandatory for all guests to be in possession of Covid-19 travel insurance prior to your holiday with us. While we hope there is no need to use it, you must ensure your policy covers your holiday from booking through to the end of your cruise. This will ensure total peace of mind for you knowing you are fully protected.

We thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back on board.

Best regards,

Charlotte Jones

Head of Contact Centre UK & Ireland

Errors Omissions and Changes

Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of the data and content of the letter relating to the offer made.  Please be advised should an error occur MSC Cruises reserve the right to change the offer accordingly.

I am booked on the Seaside for 24/09/22 and I only found out that the itinerary had changed last night by mistake checking my other msc cruises on my account. I phoned my travel agent this morning and they know nothing about it and I had to tell them what had changed! This was for my daughter 21st birthday and I'm not impressed 😒 

At least I can see what they are going to offer in advance as your cruise is exactly the same as mine but a different date. I share your frustration & pain.

Just noticed the same thing in my MSC account for our Seaview 6/2022 cruise. Wanted to book the flights tomorrow when they become available and decided to double check the departure dates. To my surprise I found: different departure date, ship and itinerary. It looks like they shuffled all the Med cruises... Haven't been notified of these changes. They will hear from me tomorrow.

Experiencing a similar issue regarding a 14 night sailing booked on the Splendida for 10/2022. It seems as though the med MSC sailings for fall 2022 are in quite a state of flux. In our case a 14-night sailing has been changed to a 7-night sailing with a completely different itinerary (only 2 ports of the original sailing have been maintained).

12 hours ago, GStuart said:

Experiencing a similar issue regarding a 14 night sailing booked on the Splendida for 10/2022. It seems as though the med MSC sailings for fall 2022 are in quite a state of flux. In our case a 14-night sailing has been changed to a 7-night sailing with a completely different itinerary (only 2 ports of the original sailing have been maintained).

We were supposed to go:

Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Marseille, Genoa, Civitavecchia, Palermo, Cagliari, Palma de Mallorca.

And now it's:

Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona, Cannes, Genoa, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Palma de Mallorca.

So same as you, all different ports but two. And one port less, so a sea day that wasn't there originally. Also it's a completely uninteresting itinerary for us this way. We were looking forward to Valencia, Marseille and Cagliari. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 11:18 AM, GStuart said:

We had this cruise also on the books. Now, replacement is not at all close to what original cruise was. New ship, dates and the “ usual 7 day Mediterranean circuit “.

We are holding off on touching this one for awhile.

Edited by phissy