Is anyone else seeing this on the Excursions section of Plan My Cruise?

no1talks

Ever since we got our deposit on the record and had a Plan My Cruise open, (Mera in February '22, by the way) all we can select are items from Beverages, Specialty Restaurants, Spa & Beauty, and Internet etc.

"Excursions" page shows the cruise's itinerary, but the individual days cannot be clicked to show any excursions. Furthermore, the page reads, "We are working to enrich our shore excursions program, they will be bookable soon," near the bottom.

Interestingly, in the "Destinations" portion of the website, one can view excursions, their descriptions, and the associated codes. But, one cannot book the excursions from that portion of the website.

What are your current experiences in viewing bookable excursion entries for your pending cruises? Are you self-booked or with a TA? As always, thank you in advance for your informative answers to this head-scratcher.

4 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Since cruising has just restarted and some ports aren't even accepting cruise ships, the excursions are not available to view until much closer to sailing time.  We're 12/22 and there is nothing in the Excursions section for our sailing.

Thanks for the reply!

You have a two-month jump on us, so we may not have excursions posted on pre-cruise purchasing until Thanksgiving. Yikes!

34 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Same for us on our 11/14th sailing on Divina we’re seeing the same message as you when we look for excursions. 

That's a puzzler. You're two months away, with no ability thus far to pre-book excursions?!? Are you concerned, or just planning on improvising your port days? Aren't excursions pricier when booked after embarkation? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Since cruising has just restarted and some ports aren't even accepting cruise ships, the excursions are not available to view until much closer to sailing time.  We're 12/22 and there is nothing in the Excursions section for our sailing.

I mistyped my sail date. It's 12/11/21, not 22.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

9 hours ago, no1talks said:

That's a puzzler. You're two months away, with no ability thus far to pre-book excursions?!? Are you concerned, or just planning on improvising your port days? Aren't excursions pricier when booked after embarkation? 

It’s very strange because when we sailed MSC in April 2019 in the Mediterranean we booked the cruise in January and we were able to book all of our excursions at that time. 
For this cruise I think it has to be Covid related. They probably want to be sure the excursions they offer will actually happen.  
We’ve been to Cozumel and Costs Maya so many times we won’t book any excursions for those 2 ports anyway. We usually get off in Cozumel and take a cab to the beach and Costa Maya we can walk around the port area easily enough. The other port is a day and a half at Ocean Cay so just plan on going to the beach there too. 

For us this first cruise back after Covid will be all about relaxing on the balcony and just being very happy that we can cruise again. 😊

9 hours ago, no1talks said:

You're two months away, with no ability thus far to pre-book excursions?

I am on a "grand voyage" departing Genoa on Oct 31 and the message still appears for me too.  What is also strange is if one goes into the generic excursion tab and look at excursions at some of the ports being visited on my cruise, they currently show many that have the "green pass only" type code / description (so they have obviously negotiated arrangements with local vendor to meet MSC bubble requirements), yet those excursions in those ports do not show up on my particular cruise.

I could understand if MSC has still not finalized negotiations with local vendors to meet "bubble" requirements, but in ports where they already have???