I "Wondered" and I guess I have my answer....

RCCL Fan

I was looking around at Wonder's deck plan, and pulled up some photos and videos and sure enough, it looks as though there's no Viking Crown. A round area at the top of the ship around the stack has no windows overlooking the pool area.

I kinda steered away from Quantum class as my own little personal boycott, (i finally caved and booked odyssey)  but always wondered if them being removed from Quantum was the beginning of the end.

Everyone always says no one went up there.... and while there may be truth to that... those circles of glass are like the crowning piece of RCI ships.

I'm interested in seeing what other differences this ship has.... but i'm starting to lose hope Icon will have a VCL.

The design concepts of the ships have evolved over the years and since Quantum Class RCL has discontinued adding this design element to the ships. On the Oasis Class, at least on O, A and H that classical design element was still there but the space is allocated to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. 

Over the years if you look at the new ship classes on other cruiselines the designs and concepts have also changed completely from orevious designs and only elements that remain are for instance the same smoke stacks at Carnival or the big Crown and Anchor Logo on top of each RCL ship. 

I also love the VCL. It's one of the few quiet spaces without pumped in music. The last time I was on Brilliance they frequently restricted access as they used it as the art auction space. It's hard to find quiet indoor spaces with a beautiful view. 270 is nice but has more traffic and music. The library area upstairs there has some seating but it's limited.

• Like 1

We love the VCL as well, but have found 270° to be a worthy ‘substitute’. It’s our favorite venue on RCI now. 

I hope they don’t do away entirely with this type of venue. I like to see the ocean, not just the ship. 🙂 

We delayed sailing Oasis class, not just because of the port limitations, but because hubby didn’t want to sail without either VCL or 270°. We don’t typically sail suite class. 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

Love VCL! In its glory days such great memories, especially on the Radiance class! I found over the years though, it just became a multi-purpose room.It’s been a few years though since we’ve been sailing Oasis class the past few years.
Who knows what to expect with the Icon class scheduled for 2023. With the newest ship to the Oasis class,  Wonder of the Seas, def no return of the VCL, but so so many venues for live music, dancing and gathering. 

Dazzles on some of the oasis class ships still has the floor to ceiling windows with some elements of seeing outside but def not like VCL. Cheers!