Canadian cruiser with Astra Zenica vaccine is it accepted?

cnkgirl

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

My CVP has been with Celebrity for 12 years and said 2 doses of Astrazeneca is considered to be fully vaccinated.  I really don't have much faith in some of the reps who answer the phone lines as often they are in foreign countries and are reading outdated marketing material. Last night I downloaded my vaccine receipts from the Ontario ministry of health site so I have everything ready when boarding. 

Thank you so much drakes2.  I actually spoke to a blue Chip club rep and her supervisor and both of them said I cannot sail celebrity having two doses of Astra Zeneca. I phoned my cruise planner today and her voicemail said she’s out of the office until June. Now I’m on hold with Celebrity .

Two doses of any of the six WHO approved vaccine are acceptable to the CDC.  IN addition,  I have written confirmation from =X= that they consider "SII Covishield" and "Astra Zeneca" as interchangeable (they're the same AZD1222 vaccine from different manufacturing plants).

• Pzifer
  • Moderna
  • Astra Zeneca/Covisheild
  • Janssen (J&J) 
  • Sinopharm
  • Sincovac

It's just that the us FDA have not approved 3 of the 6 vaccines for US domestic use.

1 hour ago, cnkgirl said:

Thank you so much drakes2.  I actually spoke to a blue Chip club rep and her supervisor and both of them said I cannot sail celebrity having two doses of Astra Zeneca. I phoned my cruise planner today and her voicemail said she’s out of the office until June. Now I’m on hold with Celebrity .

Repeated phone calls will only leave you more confused. Celebrity's website is crystal clear on the vaccine policy and your double-dose of AZ is accepted:

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO) are accepted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

i came from Belize and AZ is the vaccine given there.  I presented my vaccine card showing 2 doses of AZ and had absolutely no problem boarding Millenium for our Alaska cruise.  People should not be giving out false information

I have more faith in Celebrity website than I do in some of these agents. They think they're being helpful but all they do is add more stress to an already stressful situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, cnkgirl said:

Thank you all for all your help! I have a letter from Celebrity stating Astra Zeneca is fine it’s approved by WHO  so I am cruising next month!  But I will be holding my breath until I get on the ship lol 

Great news. You can now breathe a sigh of relief. Enjoy your cruise to the fullest; you deserve it.

• Like 1