Itinerary change notifications

mips

Can anyone tell me roughly how many days before your cruise that you were informed of itinerary changes? We cruise in December and know that some of our ports are closed.  I’m an over planner, and we want to get excited about our excursions that we can’t book because we know we are not going on the cruise that’s showing.

• Like 1

I think it varies widely.  My late August cruse probably changed ports in early July just as the restart was happening. My November cruise just announced a port change.  I think it has to do with whether the cruise line KNOWS a particular port will be closed (such as Grand Cayman).

As to excursions, we normally book privately.  Not right now.  There's simply too much uncertainty so I want to be able to handle all that via Carnival.

20 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I think it varies widely.  My late August cruse probably changed ports in early July just as the restart was happening. My November cruise just announced a port change.  I think it has to do with whether the cruise line KNOWS a particular port will be closed (such as Grand Cayman).

As to excursions, we normally book privately.  Not right now.  There's simply too much uncertainty so I want to be able to handle all that via Carnival.

One of ours is Grand Cayman too.