Stateroom for 3 people?

FishLips23

I'm booked on Harmony in November with my husband and son in a balcony guarantee. I noticed today that prices dropped, so we decided to upgrade to a large oceanview balcony. I had done a few "mock" bookings with the 3 of us online and the price was about $400 more, no big deal. So I got on the phone to do the upgrade, and I went back and tried to do another mock booking, and all of a sudden, an error message popped up stating that there are no more cabins that can accomodate 3 guests. There were dozens of cabins available just moments before. The person on the phone noticed this too. When putting in 2 people, there are many, many cabins available that fit up to 4 people. He said he could get me into the cabin I wanted for $700 more, but for some reason new bookings were being limited to 2 people all of a sudden. What is happening? We were looking at doing this switch all day, and when we go to actually do it, we can't. RCCL glitch or new protocol changes to come?

We are also booked on the Harmony November 21st and were looking for a price drop too.  There are 0 cabins listed online for 3 or 4 guests for that week and the week after.  However, when you do a mock booking and see the available cabins, there are triple and quad cabins available in all classes.  Sailings the 14th have triple and quad options to book online.  I can go as far as enter my credit card to book a quad cabin at double occupancy.

Carnival started double occupancy only for new bookings for a specific timeframe, but it doesn't make sense for Harmony to have triple and quad the week before and then switch to double only. 

Interesting. We’re booked on the 11/21 as well! What is weird is that both my husband and I were looking separately at the mock bookings with 3 in the cabin earlier today, then all of a sudden it changed. For a minute I thought they must have tracked my C&A number because I had been on the site all day 😂 

32 minutes ago, ugagal07 said:

Carnival started double occupancy only for new bookings for a specific timeframe, but it doesn't make sense for Harmony to have triple and quad the week before and then switch to double only. 

One thing that just occurred to me- perhaps they are trying to limit the number of people onboard for these two weeks? Maybe I was seeing it after someone canceled, before someone new booked. So they are capping staterooms to double occupancy. 

12 minutes ago, FishLips23 said:

One thing that just occurred to me- perhaps they are trying to limit the number of people onboard for these two weeks? Maybe I was seeing it after someone canceled, before someone new booked. So they are capping staterooms to double occupancy. 

Imo they are limiting cabins that might attract families. Trying to get vaccinated adults.

Carnival is doing to same thing.

We sure hope that booked 3-person rooms are still going to be there.  We have 10 RCL and 4 HAL cruises booked and paid for for the 3 of us.  It would not be a happy message if they changed any of them to 2 person only, particularly the one we are getting on Sunday. All three of us are fully vaccinated adults.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Imo they are limiting cabins that might attract families. Trying to get vaccinated adults.

That doesn’t explain why I could do a booking with 3 earlier today though. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The odd thing is it's only certain sailings on certain ships.  It isn't across the board, which is what I thought Carnival was doing.  It could simply be Royal IT strikes again though. 

I can get 2 connecting cabins for less than 1 I paid for now, same category.  But if I do that, I lose my Black Friday pricing on drinks, internet, dining, Thrill Park tickets, and photos according to the phone rep.  So no more upgrading I guess. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with RoyalUp offers/bids if they hold to this double occupancy only plan.