Norwegian Epic Review 12-19 September 2021

NordicExpat

9 hours ago, Notamegagirl said:

Hello, Did they offer self service buffets? Any change in buffet food selections post covid? Thanks!

6 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

Buffet selections appeared the same, but nothing is self service.

We had lunch and a couple dinners in the garden Cafe and the one thing we noticed missing was the pasta station. We also heard the omelet station was not available for breakfast. The only thing we were able to get for ourselves were little ramekins with salt and pepper packets. Everything else was served by the crew.

6 hours ago, sicness4x4 said:

We also heard the omelet station was not available for breakfast. 

Of the five times that we went for breakfast there, I believe the station was available twice. Definitely not every day, but I did see it a few times. Also I only saw pancakes once or twice.

3 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

For those of us who will be sailing on the Epic next month, but departing from and returning to Civitavecchia, do you have any info on the COVID testing procedures for persons leaving the ship to fly home from Rome?

Just got off on the 15th. You will get tested on Tuesday morning in the comedy club before disembarking in Sardinia. We flew back on Friday and could use those test results to satisfy the US requirements.

BTW I have two extra tests if anyone is interested, lol. I bought them before the cruise, not knowing we could use our ship test for our return flight.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:35 PM, sicness4x4 said:

Yes. Cost was $15 per passenger round trip.

What shows did they have while you were aboard?  Is Priscilla, Queen of the Desert still the main offering?  It was the last two times we were aboard Epic, and I'm hoping they'll have something new soon.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Carnac767 said:

What shows did they have while you were aboard?  Is Priscilla, Queen of the Desert still the main offering?  It was the last two times we were aboard Epic, and I'm hoping they'll have something new soon.  Thanks.

Yes, that and Burn the Floor.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

Yes, that and Burn the Floor.

Priscilla is a good show, and I know NCL spent megabucks on it, but I'm hoping they might have something new by 2023.  The most fun about the show on the last crossing was watching the reaction of the more conservative folks in the audience when they realized what the play was about.  That was truly priceless.  Thanks for the response.

• Like 5

Did they happen to offer laundry service on your cruise?  Wasn’t sure if it was discontinued because of Covid. We plan on staying a couple days pre and post cruise and would love to know if we’d be able to save space by packing less clothes and getting them laundered mid-vacation. 

5 hours ago, Intricatejewel said:

Did they happen to offer laundry service on your cruise?  Wasn’t sure if it was discontinued because of Covid. We plan on staying a couple days pre and post cruise and would love to know if we’d be able to save space by packing less clothes and getting them laundered mid-vacation. 

We had the free Platinum laundry, but I do not recall ever seeing anything for a laundry special.

8 hours ago, Intricatejewel said:

There is a laundry bag hanging in the wardrobe and we received a special offer card mid cruise. I think it was $19.99 for a full bag.