Price drop on cruise with RU2 promotion

jfaaborg

5 hours ago, shoptom said:

I submitted the online form for price protection on my RU2 cruise while there's another still in my account.  Was wondering if any of you have done this online lately and how long it is taking these days.

no, but I am interested in your outcome. I called the general line, and was basically told what the disclaimer for RU2 says

image.png.86e66b3c02d1dd04775db5f74d44f36e.png

9 minutes ago, jfaaborg said:

no, but I am interested in your outcome. I called the general line, and was basically told what the disclaimer for RU2 says

image.png.86e66b3c02d1dd04775db5f74d44f36e.png

I got OBC  from a price drop with RU2. It was still in my Today's Deals and I did a mock booking with the code and when it was lower. I called my PVP and he got the lower price.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, klfhngr said:

How do you guys get that RU2 promo rate?!

The promotional marketing gods from Carnival have to bestow it upon you based upon some ridiculous algorithm which determines whether you are deemed worthy of receiving it into your offers box or not.  If you receive it there is usually a time limit as to when you can redeem it as well as a maximum of two cruises it can be redeemed.   It has been reported on the boards of couples both receiving it and being able to redeem it on four cruises. 

Even if you have achieved Platinum status and have been somewhat loyal to Carnival over the years, you are still SOL if the algorithm does not give it to you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The promotional marketing gods from Carnival have to bestow it upon you based upon some ridiculous algorithm which determines whether you are deemed worthy of receiving it into your offers box or not.  If you receive it there is usually a time limit as to when you can redeem it as well as a maximum of two cruises it can be redeemed.   It has been reported on the boards of couples both receiving it and being able to redeem it on four cruises. 

Even if you have achieved Platinum status and have been somewhat loyal to Carnival over the years, you are still SOL if the algorithm does not give it to you.

Why so bitter?

The gamblers get the good deals

Edited by canes20

Just to update you all…. I just checked my sailing for October 23, there is a Ohio rate right now that is $1000. Cheaper than what I currently am booked under (RU 2) but they won’t let me change despite being originally booked under early saver ! I called Carnival because my PVP must not be working today. 
I am beyond livid at this point ! 

17 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Just to update you all…. I just checked my sailing for October 23, there is a Ohio rate right now that is $1000. Cheaper than what I currently am booked under (RU 2) but they won’t let me change despite being originally booked under early saver ! I called Carnival because my PVP must not be working today. 

I think even with early saver, if you move to a different rate, you can lose the promo that came with the previous rate 

2 hours ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Yes, it seems different people are getting different things when calling. I don’t mind losing the Cheers pkg

If you dont mind losing cheers, they should let you get the OBC. We did that, even though we lost cheers we got 700 dollars in OBC...and we didn't even have early saver. I'd call your PVP

3 hours ago, canes20 said:

Why so bitter?

The gamblers get the good deals

Fully realize that.  But have 20 Carnival cruises under my belt and all the algorithm gave me was the stupid RU9 code.   I luckily got the OV8 which is worth 200 in OBC, but the RU 1-2-3 were more valuable.  That's why I am bitter and if the Excel Class was not such a game changer, I would not have 4 bookings on the MG and another on the Celebration and Carnival would be in my rear view mirror.

2 hours ago, Indiansbaseball said:

You can get the 1000 rate, just sacrifice the RU2.  Can't have your cake and eat it too.  Pick a promo and enjoy the savings or the drinks.

13 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Fully realize that.  But have 20 Carnival cruises under my belt and all the algorithm gave me was the stupid RU9 code.   I luckily got the OV8 which is worth 200 in OBC, but the RU 1-2-3 were more valuable.  That's why I am bitter and if the Excel Class was not such a game changer, I would not have 4 bookings on the MG and another on the Celebration and Carnival would be in my rear view mirror.

It is strange how they send out the codes. Algorithm or not, the RU2 just showed up in my Today's Deals one day and we had 1 cruise booked under early saver (that I switched to the RU2) and 1 cruise that I still had to rebook due to Valor not being ready to sail in early Sept.. We have been on many Carnival cruises as you can see in signature line and always have 1 or 2 cruises booked at a time. Very seldom do we ever get any price drops to turn in with early saver to get OBC, so I have often wondered how people get the price drops. I guess my PVP has always found the best deal when we book and I never get a price drop.

Yesterday I requested an Early Saver price drop for this and another cruise and  got denied within an hour or so. We booked  both with the RU1 which is still showing on my page. There is a Lowest Price Guarantee form to fill out, but when I click on it, reverts to the Early Saver. One cruise was just booked this spring and the other was rolled over, and over, and over from the pandemic. We will contact our PVP tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, canlin1 said:

Yesterday I requested an Early Saver price drop for this and another cruise and  got denied within an hour or so. We booked  both with the RU1 which is still showing on my page. There is a Lowest Price Guarantee form to fill out, but when I click on it, reverts to the Early Saver. One cruise was just booked this spring and the other was rolled over, and over, and over from the pandemic. We will contact our PVP tomorrow.

Did you do the mock booking using the RU1 code to compare the rooms. If the room is now RU!, you can't compare it to a early saver rate now.

My cruise has came down 4 times   but all 4 times the free cheers was offered.   THere is another 20.00 price drop but the cheers is gone    No i am not entitled to that unless  i give up the cheers

I spoke with my PVP this morning…he confirmed the price drop. I told him I was willing to give up the cheers. Curiously he asked me if I was going to purchase the Cheers pkg once on board. Not sure if he wanted to tell them they would ultimately get the money back. He said he would have to speak with a supervisor. I have yet to hear back. I will keep you posted.

1 hour ago, Indiansbaseball said:

I spoke with my PVP this morning…he confirmed the price drop. I told him I was willing to give up the cheers. Curiously he asked me if I was going to purchase the Cheers pkg once on board. Not sure if he wanted to tell them they would ultimately get the money back. He said he would have to speak with a supervisor. I have yet to hear back. I will keep you posted.

How many days is your cruise? 

1 minute ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Did you tell your PVP that you would be buying cheers on board? What is the price of Cheers on an 8 day? We have RU2 and had 2 price drops added as OBC bc still have RU2 deal but know when checking cruise just keeps going back up. 

1 minute ago, canes20 said:

Did you tell your PVP that you would be buying cheers on board? What is the price of Cheers on an 8 day? We have RU2 and had 2 price drops added as OBC bc still have RU2 deal but know when checking cruise just keeps going back up. 

I told my PVP that we were not going to buy cheers. The only reason I added it in the first place was because it was just $100 each. Between sodas, coffees, juices, and the few alcoholic drinks we have, it made sense. The cruise is now $1000. Cheaper …no cheers. We have two cruises booked and put the cheers promo on both cruises, so it has disappeared from our offers. 

27 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

I told my PVP that we were not going to buy cheers. The only reason I added it in the first place was because it was just $100 each. Between sodas, coffees, juices, and the few alcoholic drinks we have, it made sense. The cruise is now $1000. Cheaper …no cheers. We have two cruises booked and put the cheers promo on both cruises, so it has disappeared from our offers. 

Ours was originally early saver but we went with RU2 for additional $120 total and went from inside to oceanview. We usually do not spend over $100 in drinks total so I thought we could try all the drinks at Alchemy and the milkshakes and sodas are also a plus. Still have RU2 bc I did not add it to our other booked cruise but when I mock book know it just keeps going up. I guess we have the best deal we are going to get.

36 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Ours was originally early saver but we went with RU2 for additional $120 total and went from inside to oceanview. We usually do not spend over $100 in drinks total so I thought we could try all the drinks at Alchemy and the milkshakes and sodas are also a plus. Still have RU2 bc I did not add it to our other booked cruise but when I mock book know it just keeps going up. I guess we have the best deal we are going to get.

Cheers for two people for an 8 day cruise is about 1000.00, so yea, you have the best deal you're going to get.

1 hour ago, Indiansbaseball said:

You said it was an Ohio rate?  Usually the resident rates are guarantee cabins, is that the case for this one too?  If so, it could be a reason they are not letting you change.