Harmony 10/31 TA looks like a go!!!

Gracie115

At least for those booked from the USA.    I'm not sure but believe this may be the first extended (14 days) cruise since the pandemic began for any of the major cruiselines.  Will be interesting be "guinea pigs"  to see how this goes, but I am SO ready to be on a ship!!!  36 days to sailaway!!!😁😁

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

At least for those booked from the USA.    I'm not sure but believe this may be the first extended (14 days) cruise since the pandemic began for any of the major cruiselines.  Will be interesting be "guinea pigs"  to see how this goes, but I am SO ready to be on a ship!!!  36 days to sailaway!!!😁😁

What makes you think it's a a go🤔

Is there recent news?

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

What makes you think it's a a go🤔

Is there recent news?

My TA has spoken with Royal a couple of times and other people on another social media site have also and they have been told that it will sail with passengers, it may only be USA citizens, but with passengers, so I'm taking the positive road and saying it's a go!!!!  PLEASE!!😀

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sassy19305 said:

I am wondering if Canadians would also be allowed, since we can fly into the US. It's just the land borders we can't cross.

Canadians are flying into the US and doing cruises out of Florida and New Jersey now.

Your nationality is irrelevant.

It’s where you’ve come from that matters - and, right now, if you’re not a US citizen or resident, you won’t be allowed to enter the US if you’ve been in Spain in the last 14 days.

That’s due to end in November but we’re still waiting to find out exactly when.

I assume the glimmer of hope is partially related to the Celebrity Apex TA news. For the TA beginning on Oct 10, Celebrity has canceled reservations for all non-US citizens. 

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your upcoming cruise vacation aboard Celebrity ApexSM departing Barcelona, Spain on October 10, 2021. As we return to service with sailings arriving and departing from the United States, we are also ensuring alignment with US Travel Policy. The policies for entry into the United States continue to restrict all noncitizens who have been physically present within the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, Brazil and South Africa within 14 days prior to their planned arrival into the United States. As our sailing starts in Barcelona and visits multiple ports in Spain, all noncitizens will no longer be able to sail.

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I assume the glimmer of hope is partially related to the Celebrity Apex TA news. For the TA beginning on Oct 10, Celebrity has canceled reservations for all non-US citizens. 

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your upcoming cruise vacation aboard Celebrity ApexSM departing Barcelona, Spain on October 10, 2021. As we return to service with sailings arriving and departing from the United States, we are also ensuring alignment with US Travel Policy. The policies for entry into the United States continue to restrict all noncitizens who have been physically present within the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, Brazil and South Africa within 14 days prior to their planned arrival into the United States. As our sailing starts in Barcelona and visits multiple ports in Spain, all noncitizens will no longer be able to sail.

Thank you for this info…. It’s really helpful. I had a bit of intel on this one previously - I suspect it slightly predates the US decision to open up but was particularly influenced by how early the TA is scheduled to be is the informal ‘gossip’. That RC want to run the TA with all passengers (ideally) is not under question…. It will come down to what the US government let them do…. 

Edited by BigRoger

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

If, in fact, this TA happens, what does that do to the Harmony cruises on 11/14 and 11/21? Has the 14-day quarantine restriction upon entering US waters from a foreign home port been lifted?

I suppose the combination of the CSO being a "recommendation only" order now per the lawsuit that the CDC lost OR a hope that since it is supposed to expire on 10/31 that this cruise won't be affected by it  Probably wishful thinking but I'm going with it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Is the Harmony TA cancelled or "sold out"?  It's no longer listed for sale.

They have changed the itinerary slightly, so I guess they pulled it from the website to make those changes.

Changes:

Malaga will be on day 4 instead of day 3

We will be making a stop in Nassau, Bahamas two days before landing in Florida. One person speculated that this is so they can Covid test all passengers the 48 hrs before entering the US.

The cruise is now 13 days rather than 14 days as they need the extra day to do the Coast Guard inspection prior to resuming cruising from the US.

The email that was received stated that all changes (including changes to flights) will be made by October 15th.

Edited by Sassy19305
  • Like 2

I have better things to do than waiting for Mr Biden to allow European citizen travel into the USA. Flight-, rental car- and hotel management at last minute with no firm word on the entry ban lifted- we have cancelled the TA today. I wonder how much  the US tourist industry continues to loose only because the US gvtm is incapable to come out with a firm and fixed date for the lift of the ban (1Nov, 8 Nov, 13 Nov, 19 Nov or what). We switched to a couple of b2b on HM for this October in the Med as we are very convinced of the present Covid protocol and the hospitality in general onboard with currently 1200 pax only. Its a blast . 

And the best thing is- we will not be kicked off in Nassau because a test went wrong.....

Guest BigRoger
43 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

I have better things to do than waiting for Mr Biden to allow European citizen travel into the USA. Flight-, rental car- and hotel management at last minute with no firm word on the entry ban lifted- we have cancelled the TA today. I wonder how much  the US tourist industry continues to loose only because the US gvtm is incapable to come out with a firm and fixed date for the lift of the ban (1Nov, 8 Nov, 13 Nov, 19 Nov or what). We switched to a couple of b2b on HM for this October in the Med as we are very convinced of the present Covid protocol and the hospitality in general onboard with currently 1200 pax only. Its a blast . 

And the best thing is- we will not be kicked off in Nassau because a test went wrong.....

Understand your thought process if not quite sharing your obvious irritation and frustration at the ambiguity…. We are all different.

We already have our B2B back up plan in place and are staying with the TA until close to the last minute for cancellation of the B2B to make a final decision… flights were restructured easy as anything so it’s just a case of holding breath and seeing if there is any new intel in the next period…. Given how much has changed in last 2 weeks I’d be very surprised if there is no news at all.