Premium Plus worth it?

Mizzoupoodle123

On 10/3/2021 at 5:06 PM, Calvin said:

I, literally, went to an online chat with NCL, and they said YES, but it's for the "premium-plus" pkg.

Thank you for the clarification, that's great - I actually meant the premium plus package. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 4:15 PM, UKstages said:

it most definitely does not rhyme with "prove." wrong vowel sound.

see posts #86 and #91 above for an explanation... essentially, the "eu" sound doesn't really exist in american english.  but it is similar to the vowel sound in the word "push." so here's what you do... just say "push," but remove the "P," remove the "S," and put a "V" on either side.

vuhv

As much as I would love to pronounce french words, I am from the south. VA originally and have lived in GA for far too long to even think I can pronounce French correctly. I just point. But I must say, I would NEVER add an R to that word!!  I do know how to say Cliquot  but can't get VUHV out right. so I will do like I will do in Le Bistro and point. 🙂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, KAYKAY121 said:

As much as I would love to pronounce french words, I am from the south. VA originally and have lived in GA for far too long to even think I can pronounce French correctly. I just point. But I must say, I would NEVER add an R to that word!!  I do know how to say Cliquot  but can't get VUHV out right. so I will do like I will do in Le Bistro and point. 🙂

I am thinking of getting a little flag with the words on it so I do not have to embarrass myself, do that enough pronouncing Sauvignon already lol

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 6:57 PM, Sthrngary said:

There are many threads on this topic in CruiseCritic.com.  Like every thing that you can upgrade, it is a personal preference.  The only way I can even give you a semi-good answer is to tell you why my wife and I ALWAYS get the Premium Plus Beverage Package. First the question should be, is the Premium Plus Beverage Package a good value, "NO".  Do we always get it, "YES".  Are we crazy, "Most Likely".  

• Bottles of Wine At Meals:  My wife loves Chardona.  She especially likes it in the cabin for pre-diner and after dinner on the veranda.  I used to go to the closest bar and get to glasses then bring it up to the room for her.  The "Plus" package allows for an entire bottle of selected wines to be served to you at your table at meals rather then a glass.  My wife takes the bottle that was not emptied back to the cabin and puts it in the refrigerator for later. This is a great benefit for her. 
  • Bottles of Plain/Gas Waters:  You can go to any bar or restaurant and get a bottle of imported waters then take them back to your cabin. These items are not part of the Premium Beverage Package on NCL. We always get a bottle a meals vs. tap.
  • Specialty Coffee:  Hotly debated issue.  When I cruise, I love a specialty coffee with desert.  This often has a charge.  No charge with the "Plus" package.  Starbucks on ships with it is also included. 
  • $15.00 Drink Limit: The Premium Beverage Package has $15.00 limit.  Over that you pay the difference.  The "Plus" package does not "Kind Of".  If you want a "super high end" spirit, it is not included on any beverage package.  Using that as a point, I always try very premium (not super premium) brands just for fun when cruising.  
  • Energy Drinks: Included on Premium Plus.
  • Craft Manhattans: Included on Premium Plus.

There is more and you can download the document off the NCL site.  I want to add something here.  It will get debated however it is very true.  When I am traveling with my family, all adults in the same Haven Cabin. Everyone has the perk for the Premium Beverage Package as longs as they are over 21.  I only want to upgrade my wife and I; not the two adult children.  You can't do it on the online system however, you can do it onboard or like I just did; using FCC pre-cruise.  The "Plus" package would be a complete waste for my adult children.  

Enjoy the comments on your post.  I end again saying, is it worth it, up to you.  It is a value, "NO".  Do I do it, "YES".

Cruise Well.

This is pretty much a perfect response to the question, IMO. It's easy and quite accurate to say that it is a matter of personal preference and that only the individual can make that decision. However, the reason why the OP is asking is simply because they WANT our individual opinions. As I've said, I have no palate for "premium"  drinks, but I will be celebrating, so I'm all in. My guess is that I won't necessarily think it's "worth it", but I am simply trying to enjoy the best of the best, just to see how people like Southern Gary live, LOL.  BTW, EVERYONE in my family of 5 was born in Birmingham, except for me (NYC).

One point I wanted to make is that a few of my group won't be in the Haven, so I thought it to be a nice perk for the upgraded premium plus package to be able to invite up to 4 people for dinner, and get them a bottle of wine.

18 minutes ago, Calvin said:

This is pretty much a perfect response to the question, IMO. It's easy and quite accurate to say that it is a matter of personal preference and that only the individual can make that decision. However, the reason why the OP is asking is simply because they WANT our individual opinions. As I've said, I have no palate for "premium"  drinks, but I will be celebrating, so I'm all in. My guess is that I won't necessarily think it's "worth it", but I am simply trying to enjoy the best of the best, just to see how people like Southern Gary live, LOL.  BTW, EVERYONE in my family of 5 was born in Birmingham, except for me (NYC).

One point I wanted to make is that a few of my group won't be in the Haven, so I thought it to be a nice perk for the upgraded premium plus package to be able to invite up to 4 people for dinner, and get them a bottle of wine.

You are so funny, "People Like Southern Gary Live."  Give me a break, LOL.  I was born in Long Island New York.  My family was raised in Birmingham Alabama.  Funny how these things can match sometimes.

My only comment is a strategy.  When you order the wine, wait for the server to bring glasses for everyone.  Don't ask if it is ok for your guest to join in on your wine.  Second thought.  please clarify your comment on "invite up to 4 people for dinner".  It is my understanding, all invited guests to the Haven Restaurant needs to approved by the head waiter and there is a cost per person.  

I only ask for this clarification so no one is confused or disappointed when they have Non-Haven Friends they are cruising with.  When this happens to me, we just meet up at a Specialty Restaurant which most everyone has at least two reservation. 

Cruise well everyone.

1 minute ago, Sthrngary said:

...Second thought.  please clarify your comment on "invite up to 4 people for dinner".  It is my understanding, all invited guests to the Haven Restaurant needs to approved by the head waiter and there is a cost per person.  

I only ask for this clarification so no one is confused or disappointed when they have Non-Haven Friends they are cruising with.  When this happens to me, we just meet up at a Specialty Restaurant which most everyone has at least two reservation. 

Cruise well everyone.

I chatted online with someone at NCL and was told that we could invite up to 4 people for dinner (only  two dinners for the entire cruise), and pay $45 per non-Haven person. Since we are expressing appreciation to those people, we are happy to pay the extra free.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

I chatted online with someone at NCL and was told that we could invite up to 4 people for dinner (only  two dinners for the entire cruise), and pay $45 per non-Haven person. Since we are expressing appreciation to those people, we are happy to pay the extra free.

@CalvinThat is super great.  No nice of you to do that.  You all are going to have an over the top time.  You educated me on the price and the number of times you can do it.  Thank you so much.  

Cruise well.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:30 PM, Mizzoupoodle123 said:

I am confused.  We received the beverage package on the holiday sailing of the Escape.  They are selling/ trying to sell a package upgrade for about 383. to each person in the cabin of legal drinking age.

Is this upgrade worth it?  Opinions are welcome!😊

Sylvia

Only you can answer that for yourself.  Read the differences and do the math, easy process.

After such a long time with the Premium Plus package, NCL should have teached all of their bartenders and guest relation staff about this package. Salt, that is not the case. Too much standing in line to get things sorted out. Which takes away a lot of fun during a vacation. Other than that, great package.