Onboard payment preferences for second guest

CruizinKittie40

I'm trying to check in for my mom and this one thing is tripping me up. It keeps telling me if I don't want my mom to use my credit card she has to login and set her own onboard payment options.  Well she doesn't have an account and how could she do anything anyway if the cruise is booked under my name??  so annoying

27 minutes ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

I'm trying to check in for my mom and this one thing is tripping me up. It keeps telling me if I don't want my mom to use my credit card she has to login and set her own onboard payment options.  Well she doesn't have an account and how could she do anything anyway if the cruise is booked under my name??  so annoying

You could go ahead and set her up using your credit card, for now.  Then, at check-In/once onboard have your mom's account switched to her preferred method of payment!

And, you can move forward NOW with check-in online!

1 hour ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

Every passenger will have a latitudes number and can set up an account on NCL.com based on that number. They can then access all the cruises they are booked on regardless of whether someone else booked the cruise.

For example, my wife can log into her account and see all her details and can book various things. We have never has a separate payment method for onboard spend, but I assume she could set that up there.

• Like 2

I cruise with a good friend.  But I do all the cruise booking and pre-cruise work.  I created his online account and entered all his information, including his preferred payment method.  Once the account is created, there is a way to search for the current cruise(s) by entering the reservation number.  

I don't recall if I manually entered a Latitudes number for him in the account or if it generated a new one for him that I then somehow had merged with an older one.  That part escapes my memory.  I'm pretty sure I didn't have to set his own account up until he already had a couple NCL cruises under his belt.  I BELIEVE I had his Latitudes number handy from a previous trip and somehow entered it during account creation.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I cruise with a good friend.  But I do all the cruise booking and pre-cruise work.  I created his online account and entered all his information, including his preferred payment method.  Once the account is created, there is a way to search for the current cruise(s) by entering the reservation number.  

I don't recall if I manually entered a Latitudes number for him in the account or if it generated a new one for him that I then somehow had merged with an older one.  That part escapes my memory.  I'm pretty sure I didn't have to set his own account up until he already had a couple NCL cruises under his belt.  I BELIEVE I had his Latitudes number handy from a previous trip and somehow entered it during account creation.

we have two trips booked and she has two different latitudes numbers.  when I tried to create an account for her, it wouldn't take the most recent one that I've already paid for but it would take the number for the one in December that I haven't paid for.  I hate Carnival but their website was a little more user friendly

Edited by CruizinKittie40

Just now, CruizinKittie40 said:

we have two trips booked and she has two different latitudes numbers.  when I tried to create an account for her, it wouldn't take the most recent one but it would take the number for the one I already booked.  I hate Carnival but their website was a little more user friendly

I believe you can eventually call NCL and have them merge her two numbers into one.  Or call reservations and have them add the right latitudes number to the existing reservation.  Then just be sure to use it for all future cruises.

• Like 1

Each of the cruise lines seem to have their own little things they cannot do very well with respect to their online website experience.  I can't seem to get NCL to understand that my friend and I do not live at the same address.  We're not a married couple.  Just friends who cruise together.  I keep getting NCL promotional material with his name sent to my address even though we've put both our addresses on our accounts.  We have an agent change it.  It gets changed back as soon as we take another cruise together.  I've given up on that battle.

2 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Each of the cruise lines seem to have their own little things they cannot do very well with respect to their online website experience.  I can't seem to get NCL to understand that my friend and I do not live at the same address.  We're not a married couple.  Just friends who cruise together.  I keep getting NCL promotional material with his name sent to my address even though we've put both our addresses on our accounts.  We have an agent change it.  It gets changed back as soon as we take another cruise together.  I've given up on that battle.

I do too!! I get my mom's mail all the time from NCL lol

10 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I believe you can eventually call NCL and have them merge her two numbers into one.  Or call reservations and have them add the right latitudes number to the existing reservation.  Then just be sure to use it for all future cruises.

Yes you can, unbeknown to both of us my husband had two latitudes accounts - a quick call sorted it out straight away.

5 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

For a long time, my sister (with whom I last cruised in 2016) got NCL mail for me at her address.  No big deal.  I mentioned it to my PCC once, he apologized & said he had fixed it.  Now I get her mail at my address 🤣