I want a partial refund now. My Fantastica is not Fantastic at all anymore. Bait & Switch

mscdivina2016

Just got an email this morning that the larger angled Balcony cabin I picked on the Seashore is now a guarantee.

I was originally b2b2b and saw this particular cabin, so I called and found out it was only available for 2 sailings and it was Fantastica, not Bella so I had to pay more to get it and I needed to cancel one cruise.

I am now in a guarantee cabin.

That is not what all printed literature states

"Select from the best staterooms" means what? I figured I would get to select my stateroom, but apparently I am wrong. I did check my MSC account and it too shows guarantee.

I feel this might be retaliation since I escalated an issue on a cruise in a few weeks by taking it to a level they probably figured I would not. Surprise!!!

Steve

Room Service & Breakfast delivered to stateroom

Priority choice of dinner sitting

Select from the best available staterooms

Additional Kids’ activities & Classes

One complimentary professional photo
Edited by mscdivina2016

From my own experience with MSC and from reading hundreds of comments about this very subject, if we receive the room we painstakingly choose, we’re lucky. 

In my case I purchased Fantastica and was upgraded for free to YC on our 1 MSC cruise.  
Not complaining, but when I looked at my reservation the night before our cruise I noticed I had been moved and I wasn’t happy.  
We were in Rome the week before our cruise so I had no way of printing out new luggage tags and I couldn’t believe they didn’t notify me of the change.
I didn’t know my new room was in the YC at that point, all I knew was that I wanted my aft balcony back lol 

Upcoming November cruise I again paid for Fantastica and specifically chose a balcony room rear facing aft deck 11 (because I love being in the very back of the ship) but who knows if I’ll actually get that room. 

Every other line we’ve sailed with when we get upgraded we’ve always gotten an email about the room change. 
MSC apparently doesn’t always notify their passengers but as long as I don’t get downgraded (as you were on the Salsa cruise) then I’m okay with that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, styles27 said:

From my own experience with MSC and from reading hundreds of comments about this very subject, if we receive the room we painstakingly choose, we’re lucky. 

In my case I purchased Fantastica and was upgraded for free to YC on our 1 MSC cruise.  
Not complaining, but when I looked at my reservation the night before our cruise I noticed I had been moved and I wasn’t happy.  
We were in Rome the week before our cruise so I had no way of printing out new luggage tags and I couldn’t believe they didn’t notify me of the change.
I didn’t know my new room was in the YC at that point, all I knew was that I wanted my aft balcony back lol 

Upcoming November cruise I again paid for Fantastica and specifically chose a balcony room rear facing aft deck 11 (because I love being in the very back of the ship) but who knows if I’ll actually get that room. 

Every other line we’ve sailed with when we get upgraded we’ve always gotten an email about the room change. 
MSC apparently doesn’t always notify their passengers but as long as I don’t get downgraded (as you were on the Salsa cruise) then I’m okay with that. 

I just got off the phone.

Apparently they are doing this so we are not bunched together for covid.

OK, if I don't get to choose my cabin then I have no use for Fantastica, so refund me the extra $170 per person and a guarantee is fine.

Whoa hold on.... They do have some I can choose from now. So I got an angled balcony one deck up.

I inquired about the suite next to me, sorry its booked. So if the room I had was cancelled so we are not next to each other, my new room is next to someone?🙄

STeve

55 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

OK, if I don't get to choose my cabin then I have no use for Fantastica, so refund me the extra $170 per person and a guarantee is fine.

Whoa hold on.... They do have some I can choose from now. So I got an angled balcony one deck up.

I inquired about the suite next to me, sorry its booked. So if the room I had was cancelled so we are not next to each other, my new room is next to someone?🙄

STeve

That’s weird. Why would it matter if rooms near us are occupied unless they’re using those rooms for quarantine or isolation?

What is the date of your cruise?

16 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

12/4

December hmmm this makes me wonder if something is going on with that particular sailing. 

*note to self don’t ever book the same cruise as mscdivina2016😉

just kidding 🙈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

We are on the Dec 4th cruise as well.  We are in the Yacht Club and I check my reservation everyday hoping they have not changed our room.  What floor was your original room on? 

Deck 10, now 11.

I did receive my offer to bid on YC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, styles27 said:

December hmmm this makes me wonder if something is going on with that particular sailing. 

*note to self don’t ever book the same cruise as mscdivina2016😉

just kidding 🙈

We have been on  a cruise with Steve, aka mscdivina2016.

It was to best cruise we have ever been on. 

it was 40 day repositioning cruise, on another major cruise line.

Steve organized the excursions and meet and greet.  It may  never be repeated as so many countries are not longer accessible.

Steve and Deb are avid cruisers with a lot of experience. I can understand his frustration with the issues he has had. Hoping for an amicable outcome.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

They did it to us on the Meraviglia three weeks ago. I had hand picked a starboard angled (larger) balcony, facing Ocean Cay. 3 days before the cruise, we got a notification saying that we’re now on a port side, regularly sized balcony, not facing Ocean Cay. 🤬

I called MSC but they couldn’t make any changes since the cabin swap had “come from corporate”. So I asked again once we boarded the ship. The supervisor was gracious enough to move us to a new starboard cabin again, but we lost the larger angled balcony.

The only redeeming quality of this new cabin is that it was originally for someone else who’d ordered wine and all sorts of goodies, and they were waiting in the cabin when we walked in. I informed guest services but they told us that we could keep the wine. Score!

2 minutes ago, phissy said:

Steve organized the excursions and meet and greet.  It may  never be repeated as so many countries are not longer accessible.

Steve and Deb are avid cruisers with a lot of experience. I can understand his frustration with the issues he has had. Hoping for an amicable outcome.

Thanks Pat for the kind words.

That was a great cruise and a great group of people.

Hopefully our paths will cross in the future again.

Hope all is well with you and Frank. We will be in your area next fall, Kent to be specific.

Steve

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The reason that I was given for our cabin swap was exactly the opposite. Instead of having occupied cabins scattered all over the ship, they were bunching them up together for staffing purposes. I guess they didn’t want cabin stewards running all over the ship trying to tend to scattered over multiple decks or sections. 

Edited by Tapi

14 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Thanks Pat for the kind words.

That was a great cruise and a great group of people.

Hopefully our paths will cross in the future again.

Hope all is well with you and Frank. We will be in your area next fall, Kent to be specific.

Steve

I smile 😊  every time I go to Popeyes Chicken.
In Saigon, while we were waiting for pick up. 
You quickly ran to get Popeyes chicken for ride back. You wanted a taste of home . And you did make it back in time😉 ( we had bets)

we will keep in touch for next fall. Encore is a great ship. We have sailed her to Alaska a couple of times.

23 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Lol.

I am no longer allowed to have contact with them.

You should be able to get thru now.

mscdivina, you're on a few threads so I'll consolidate my response to all of them here.

You've won me over. At first I took your complaints as whining, but I'm happy to admit I think I was wrong.

I still think the *attitude* isn't going to serve you well, but I *completely* get where you are coming from.

Best of luck to you in getting all of this resolved.

30 minutes ago, phissy said:

You quickly ran to get Popeyes chicken for ride back. You wanted a taste of home . And you did make it back in time😉 ( we had bets)

we will keep in touch for next fall. Encore is a great ship. We have sailed her to Alaska a couple of times.

My kids still LOL when we talk about the real chickens that hang around outside the KFC near the port on the Caymen Islands.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

mscdivina, you're on a few threads so I'll consolidate my response to all of them here.

You've won me over. At first I took your complaints as whining, but I'm happy to admit I think I was wrong.

I still think the *attitude* isn't going to serve you well, but I *completely* get where you are coming from.

Best of luck to you in getting all of this resolved.

Thank you,

Attitude can be an issue with me. Sometimes good sometimes bad.🙂

As you have been reading, it's the attitude towards all of us now or formerly on a Salsa cruise that has pushed me to push back with a vengeance.

I will try and update. 

Steve

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, phissy said:

I was having a tough time with food over there. Did you win the bets?lol.

We are actually on 2 cruises. The NCL 16 day Alaska to Hawaii and then we fly back to catch the Encore repo to Miami

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phissy said:

I have no doubt that we’d have a great time with all of you!

I hope everyone knows my comment was meant to be tongue in cheek. 
The poor guy isn’t having the best of luck when it comes to his booked cruises right now. 
Which reminds me, @mscdivina2016you don’t happen to have Divina booked on 11/14/21 do you?

• Like 1