Costa Maya Port Pass

mjkrug

We are scheduled for a December visit to Costa Maya.  Does anyone happen to know the costs of the port fee based activities?  For example the  Tequila Museum,  Aviary, or Chocolate Factory?   Or the Port Pass and what it covers?   I hear tell of these mystical places/things but don't see them in the excursions or prices mentioned anywhere.   Thanks.

I think there's a charge to swim with he dolphins, but they are visible if you just want to see them.  There's a small charge to enter the aviary.  But again you can just see the birds from outside.  As I recall the chocolate factory visit is free but you can buy the chocolate.  Ditto for the tequila factory/shop.

IMO, the port pass is he last thing you need to buy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, mjkrug said:

We are scheduled for a December visit to Costa Maya.  Does anyone happen to know the costs of the port fee based activities?  For example the  Tequila Museum,  Aviary, or Chocolate Factory?   Or the Port Pass and what it covers?   I hear tell of these mystical places/things but don't see them in the excursions or prices mentioned anywhere.   Thanks.

Here is a review from before cruising was suspended. I believe the snorkeling pool was changed to a pool with floats perhaps so one less activity and an extra drink was included?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499450-d647108-r570895130-Costa_Maya_Port-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

https://tickettofun.travel/tour/costa-maya-port-pass/

As Crew says, pass not strictly necessary  - you can purchase each activity individually however people have reported it can be worth it for the price of the “included” drinks. Food and drinks at the port are expensive.