Explorer of the Seas

Cruiser1976

Does anyone know when the Explorer is scheduled for its test cruise? I can't find anything.

Sched to leave on the Explorer Nov 14 (48 days) and still can't check in. Saw online that even the first cruise leaving a week early on Nov 7th is also still not available. Not sure if I should start getting worried!! There are 12 of us going.

Does anyone else also know if the Explorer will be available on the Royal Caribbean app? Thought I had read at one point that all of the ships would be available on the app when they start service again, however the app is still showing that it is not available for the Explorer.

Based on Liberty's test sailing last week before it's sailing the first week of October I will guess that Explorer's test cruise will be mid October or two weeks before my November 7th sailing. I am pretty confident that we will be a go. I am frustrated that Explorer is not supported on the app yet. However a certain person who has a blog has stated that he is willing to bet very heavily that it will be supported by the time we sail. I don't know if he has inside information but he seemed confident Explorer will be supported.

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

However a certain person who has a blog has stated that he is willing to bet very heavily that it will be supported by the time we sail. I don't know if he has inside information but he seemed confident Explorer will be supported.

Just about anybody else can make that predictions as well.

• Like 1

Her last major refurb was 2015. She was due for a 110 mil makeover summer of 2020, which was cancelled (Covid casualty). I assume they were going to make her app compatible then. Hopefully they will get to her before she starts up again. I have an August 2022 sailing on her. She really sticks out on my app as the only sailing not supported. 

• Like 1