Entertainment Reservations for late 2021

In the past we have usually been able to make show reservations about 90 days out.  So far we haven't been able to do that for two upcoming cruises.  Has anyone who has recently sailed been able to make reservations, or have they disabled that option due to Covid protocols?  Just trying to figure this out.  Thanks!

18 minutes ago, TraditionalSiamese said:

In the past we have usually been able to make show reservations about 90 days out.  So far we haven't been able to do that for two upcoming cruises.  Has anyone who has recently sailed been able to make reservations, or have they disabled that option due to Covid protocols?  Just trying to figure this out.  Thanks!

There has been a few threads on this, and most have stated that because of low capacity, those ships that have reservations, can’t be made until after you board.

I don't believe they will open up entertainment options this year. I doubt anything other than maybe the Thanksgiving and/or Christmas/NY sailings will be even close to 70% in 2021. I believe they would need at least 70-75% capacity to warrant opening up the booking for shows. I think maybe 2 sailings have been close to 50%. We are now entering the shoulder/slower season, so bookings are already slimmer. 

But to answer the OPs question, all reservation have to be made onboard due to the current protocols. Seeing as though they are sailing at reduce capacity and have to turn away people who don't meet the criteria sometimes. It makes no sense to hold spots when there is a sizeable chance you might not be able to sail.

To get an idea of the entertainment offerings. Look for a cruise compass on the ship you are sailing or a live review where they post the show schedule.

Also of note, they have been increasing capacity but bookings are down due to protocols, season, etc. Look at Odyssey, amazing new ship but has been consistently under 30% as far capacity goes. That ship should be at 2000+ pax by now but I think this weeks sailing was under 800. Allure has been sailing for almost 2 months and I believe 2300pax has been the highest. Bookings are available but it seems like people aren't.

45 minutes ago, hew2nd said:

I understand about the reservations but I've not been successful in finding out what the shows are for our cruise - oct 25th Allure.

Anybody got a clue where to find i?

On the Royal app you can look up the entertainment schedule for the current cruise. Obviously no guarantee that it’ll be exactly the same as yours, but it’ll give you a good idea.

10 hours ago, tomjohnsonjr said:

I think as they in crease capacity and Covid cases remain low with the crew and passengers they will have no choice but to open up the booking process 90 days out. 

No idea why 90 days would be required no matter the ship occupancy level. Would be nice to give everyone notice so they had an equal chance, but 90 days sounds overboard to me.