Voyagers Club 15%+5% promo

styles27

Someone in our roll call mentioned this promo today and I’m very thankful to @racephotofor alerting me to it. 

Supposedly,  according to MSC’s website, as long as you add your VC number at the time of booking you will receive this promo. 
Looking at my booking I see I only received the 5%discount. 

Phoned MSC and the rep who answered checked with his supervisor and yes indeed our sailing is included so I saved another $200+  Also $50 OBC each and double points. 

I couldn’t find the promo info on MSC’s site without doing a google search of

”MSC Voyager Club 15%+5% promo” then the link came up to MSC’s page with all of the detailed info. 
Check to see if your sailing is included!

What the rep couldn’t tell me is if I will receive the 15% as a refund or an OBC

Looking at my cruise payment details right now the balance is showing a balance of -$200+

Any insight on what that means would be great. I will call them again to ask for sure how I will receive this but I’m wondering if any of you have had a negative balance and how it was handled?

35AE2D90-7507-4FA0-8DB2-C16CD997EEC3.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Glad this worked out for you. Actually, putting in your voyagers club number when going through a regular search only gets you the 5% automatically. You need to look through the deals lists to get the extra percentage off. Most are 5+15, but there are a few 5+10 and 5+5 deals.  When I got a price drop the other day, I showed  a -$77 credit on my booking. The person on the phone told me that when I got on board I could ask them to apply the credit to OBC, or it would be refunded to my credit card at the end of the cruise. Definitely a weird way to do it, but it’s MSC, so weird is kind of expected now. One of these days I’m gonna call back and confirm that, but for now, that’s what I was told. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, racephoto said:

Glad this worked out for you. Actually, putting in your voyagers club number when going through a regular search only gets you the 5% automatically. You need to look through the deals lists to get the extra percentage off. Most are 5+15, but there are a few 5+10 and 5+5 deals.  When I got a price drop the other day, I showed  a -$77 credit on my booking. The person on the phone told me that when I got on board I could ask them to apply the credit to OBC, or it would be refunded to my credit card at the end of the cruise. Definitely a weird way to do it, but it’s MSC, so weird is kind of expected now. One of these days I’m gonna call back and confirm that, but for now, that’s what I was told. 

Yes it seems that it depends who you talk to lol 

The gentleman helping me hadn’t heard of the promo so his supervisor was helping him do it for me thank goodness!

Towards the end of the call he said “can I help you with anything else?”

He hadn’t told me the amount of the discount or how it would be applied (the reason for my call)

After he told me the amount he said he didn’t know how it would be applied. He asked his supervisor and she didn’t know either. 

I’d really like to get it applied to an OBC before we sail so we don’t have to wait in line on the ship. 
If you look at the promo it does say it will be applied automatically with the VC # but maybe I booked before the promo came out?  We booked in early July this year. 

2BEA5A7F-9737-40B7-A2C8-F474C7949711.jpeg

34 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Someone in our roll call mentioned this promo today and I’m very thankful to @racephotofor alerting me to it. 

Supposedly,  according to MSC’s website, as long as you add your VC number at the time of booking you will receive this promo. 
Looking at my booking I see I only received the 5%discount. 

Phoned MSC and the rep who answered checked with his supervisor and yes indeed our sailing is included so I saved another $200+  Also $50 OBC each and double points. 

I couldn’t find the promo info on MSC’s site without doing a google search of

”MSC Voyager Club 15%+5% promo” then the link came up to MSC’s page with all of the detailed info. 
Check to see if your sailing is included!

What the rep couldn’t tell me is if I will receive the 15% as a refund or an OBC

Looking at my cruise payment details right now the balance is showing a balance of -$200+

Any insight on what that means would be great. I will call them again to ask for sure how I will receive this but I’m wondering if any of you have had a negative balance and how it was handled?

35AE2D90-7507-4FA0-8DB2-C16CD997EEC3.png

This has always been a point of frustration for me.

If you enter your Voyagers Club # on MSC site , you will just get the 5%. 

You have to hunt for the additional discounts. 

Click on Cruise Deals, then %. Scroll down to 5+15 discounts. I believe MSC is doing just 5+15 right now, on select cruises.  I have entered my VC number so many times on this page, I have it memorized.

We were able to get price adjustments a few times for our 2 upcoming cruises.

I found out that even though our cabin category shows "sold-out ", our TA was still able to get our cabin discounted further . This was before final payment. So final invoice reflected new price.

I believe, after final payments, it shows up as OBC.

I was going to request another re-pricing but do not want our TA to deal with MSC right now.  

(Mostly, do not want our booking messed with as it may result in us losing our assigned cabin)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phissy said:

This has always been a point of frustration for me.

If you enter your Voyagers Club # on MSC site , you will just get the 5%. 

You have to hunt for the additional discounts. 

Click on Cruise Deals, then %. Scroll down to 5+15 discounts. I believe MSC is doing just 5+15 right now, on select cruises.  I have entered my VC number so many times on this page, I have it memorized.

We were able to get price adjustments a few times for our 2 upcoming cruises.

I found out that even though our cabin category shows "sold-out ", our TA was still able to get our cabin discounted further . This was before final payment. So final invoice reflected new price.

I believe, after final payments, it shows up as OBC.

I was going to request another re-pricing but do not want our TA to deal with MSC right now.  

(Mostly, do not want our booking messed with as it may result in us losing our assigned cabin)

I agree it’s very frustrating and not the way I’m used to doing business. I hate that feeling. 
We have the status match (Diamond) so we assume when we enter our VC number to book that we will get the current promo/deal/benefits.
But that hasn’t been the case. 

It’s especially frustrating when right on the promo description (posted it above) it states that it will be automatically applied. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oh well, I’m retired now so I have time to search these boards for all of the great tips you guys give us MSC newcomers lol

I felt this promo info was worthy of its own thread. Hopefully others will be able to save some $$$ as well. 

• Like 1

The Voyagers Club 5+5, 10, 15% discounts have been around for a long time.

It is frustrating the way they have set it up. 

Also, the promo details have changed a few times since June.  ie: up to $50, depending on cabin selected, and depending on MSC Status.  Sometimes, per cabin then per person.

Sometimes double points, other times not. 

As mentioned, you have to check Cruise Deals , % , VC Discounted cruises every few weeks.

One of ours started out as 5+5%. Then went to 5+10%. Then, 5+15%.

We both got $50 OBC and double points and another $50 each for being above Silver. (We are Diamond)

With MSC, change is constant.

Cruise Critic has been essential for all of us to keep updated. 

Edited by phissy
  • Like 2

Yes, it’s confusing. The extra discount is only automatically added when you go through the deal link. I usually go through clicking the deals link on the MSC site, then the All Deals percentage sign icon, and then scroll down to MSC club deals. I do it that way on the off chance that there might be some other deal or promo that I missed hearing about somehow.

Edited by racephoto
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, racephoto said:

Yes, it’s confusing. The extra discount is only automatically added when you go through the deal link. I usually go through clicking the deals link on the MSC site, then the All Deals percentage sign icon, and then scroll down to MSC club deals. I do it that way on the off chance that there might be some other deal or promo that I missed hearing about somehow.

And...there are *three* deal links...5+5, 5+10, and 5+15...you need to check them all, although lately most stuff is in 5+15...

• Like 2

Holy you know what, could they have made that any harder to find. I thought I was an interwebs wizz and I did not know that 5+15% was there.

$1118 down to $960 on Divina.

Now I an just waiting for them to kindly tell me about the Armonia and what they propose to do.

I have my eye on a room....not that that means anything lol.

Edited by quattrohead
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Finally got my status match from another cruise line to GOld on MSC.  I an giving ti another week before I call about the price adjustment.

I don’t know when your cruise is, but I would not wait. I called the same day that I found out about my status match being approved. I’m told that it’s rare that sailings drop off the 5+15 list, but it can happen. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

And...there are *three* deal links...5+5, 5+10, and 5+15...you need to check them all, although lately most stuff is in 5+15...

Yeah, having three deal links instead of combining it all on one VC discount page is beyond aggravating. However, with MSC’s IT issues, I’m surprised it works at all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

Holy you know what, could they have made that any harder to find. I thought I was an interwebs wizz and I did not know that 5+15% was there.

$1118 down to $960 on Divina.

Now I an just waiting for them to kindly tell me about the Armonia and what they propose to do.

I have my eye on a room....not that that means anything lol.

Agree!  I had better luck doing a google search to get the link to come up because I couldn’t find it on the MSC site. 

So glad you were able to get a price adjustment. 

I have never booked an MSC cruise without first checking Voyages Selection Departures. I went on the web a few minutes ago to check how long it takes to find such deals....from hitting msccruises.co.uk to clicking the 5+15% link took me 12 seconds....it's a simple process, unless the US site is less straightforward?!

Just now, hamrag said:

I have never booked an MSC cruise without first checking Voyages Selection Departures. I went on the web a few minutes ago to check how long it takes to find such deals....from hitting msccruises.co.uk to clicking the 5+15% link took me 12 seconds....it's a simple process, unless the US site is less straightforward?!

One would need to first have knowledge about the  “Voyages Selection Departures” before being able to search for them 😉

Never heard about it til today.

Only cruised once with MSC so far but I am Diamond because of status match. 

3 minutes ago, styles27 said:

One would need to first have knowledge about the  “Voyages Selection Departures” before being able to search for them 😉

Indeed, and that was me at one time. But once you find out, you check up front and then book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

It is a little more difficult on the US site. Even knowing about it, you have to find it...it isn't obvious where it is.

Then, once you find it, you need to click on all 3 links for the 5/10/15 discount...no way to search all at once.

It's really more annoying than "hard". To me, this is one area where MSC beats *all* other cruise lines...the Voyager program. Very quickly you get these discounts, its "easy" to get to the top level, and they status match. The combination of all 3 of those is pretty hard to beat.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

It is a little more difficult on the US site. Even knowing about it, you have to find it...it isn't obvious where it is.ose is pretty hard to beat.

OK, clearly we are fortunate in the UK as it's really simple....once you know how to reach it that is!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, styles27 said:

I don’t know how I’ve never seen this before, Lord knows I spend enough time on here 🙈

I concur!!!  This will be our third MSC sailing and we are Diamonds through a match with our Princess status, Never saw talk of this before and called my TA  (she too had no knowledge) but will be calling MSC in the morning on our behalf as I see our Divina sailing is on the list!  Thank you so much for sharing this great tip and hoping it works out for us like others have mentioned!

• Like 2

So one more hassle to deal with is that some links say you just get $50 (or euros) OBC and others say you get 50+ an additional 50 if your silver or higher. I only got the 50. So I guess I need to call and try to get the additional 50. I think they changed the promo and just haven’t changed all the pages. I know that it’s shocking to think that MSC would have a lack of attention to detail on their website, but there it is. 🙂 😂 I know I need to call, but after so many calls to MSC over various things, the thought of dialing that number again kind of saps my will to live. 🙂 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, lambs2 said:

I concur!!!  This will be our third MSC sailing and we are Diamonds through a match with our Princess status, Never saw talk of this before and called my TA  (she too had no knowledge) but will be calling MSC in the morning on our behalf as I see our Divina sailing is on the list!  Thank you so much for sharing this great tip and hoping it works out for us like others have mentioned!

Awesome! This is what I was hoping, to inform others like myself who didn’t know about this until today!

23 minutes ago, racephoto said:

So one more hassle to deal with is that some links say you just get $50 (or euros) OBC and others say you get 50+ an additional 50 if your silver or higher. I only got the 50. So I guess I need to call and try to get the additional 50. I think they changed the promo and just haven’t changed all the pages. I know that it’s shocking to think that MSC would have a lack of attention to detail on their website, but there it is. 🙂 😂 I know I need to call, but after so many calls to MSC over various things, the thought of dialing that number again kind of saps my will to live. 🙂 

Yes we got $50x2 plus double points 

As painful as the call was it was definitely worth it lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, styles27 said:

Awesome! This is what I was hoping, to inform others like myself who didn’t know about this until today!

Whilst on the subject of discount, there is discount up to 50% available to those working in the health sector through Aprill 2022 cruises booked by end of September. You do not need to be or have been on the front line, simply prove you work within the sector and you're good to go. Unfortunately you'd need to book tomorrow at latest!

THANK YOU TO ALL HEALTHCARE WORKERS
AND THEIR FAMILIES

To you on the frontline during this COVID-19 crisis. 
You, who have risked your own lives to save ours, worked overtime and made sacrifices for others, you, more than anyone else, deserve a gift.

As we have now begun sailing once again, MSC Cruises is honoured to offer up to 50% discount on the cruise fare to all healthcare workers and their families, as soon as they are ready for a well-deserved holiday. 

Our special ‘thank you’ discounted cruise fares for healthcare professionals and their families will be available for all MSC Cruises’ sailings of any duration for all new bookings made till the 30th of September 2021 on all cruises departing up to 30th April 2022  (WORLD CRUISES excluded). 

• Like 1