Mardi Gras Cabin 10330 not good

Houst

Hello,

Last week we stayed in this cabin and it over looks the Teppanyaki / Sushi Restaurants. They pretty much block out what would be a good view. Also anytime we sat out on our balcony you could hear the music they were playing. 7:00am to Midnight.  It was very annoying.  This affected any of the cabins near this area. Since there's so many cabins to choose from I would stay away from ones above these restaurants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Houst said:

Hello,

Last week we stayed in this cabin and it over looks the Teppanyaki / Sushi Restaurants. They pretty much block out what would be a good view. Also anytime we sat out on our balcony you could hear the music they were playing. 7:00am to Midnight.  It was very annoying.  This affected any of the cabins near this area. Since there's so many cabins to choose from I would stay away from ones above these restaurants. 

We were in 10314 we could hear the music and the guy wiping down the tables a lot. But it didn’t bother us but does restrict you view straight down. 

1 hour ago, Houst said:

Hello,

They play music in these restaurants?  till midnight?   It was probably coming from somewhere else

4 hours ago, Houst said:

Hello,

Is that for the entire extended balcony area?  My cabin is 11386

We were in 10327 which over looks the Havana pool and bar. We could not hear any noise at all when the doors to our balcony were closed but when opened it was very loud. We don't hang out much on the balcony during the day so it wasn't a big deal but definitely understand the issue if you like peace and quiet.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:59 PM, ColeThornton said:

Thanks for the info.   I'm too lazy right now to look but is that not obvious on the deck plans?

Gracias.

i would think it is pretty obvious.  only about 10-20ft from promenade to 10330 balcony.  room is circled in red.  promenade deck is the red line.

Inked10330_LI.jpg

Edited by bstel

I'm fretting about our deck 10 cabin - no worries about the view or the music, but I'm concerned we won't have much covered space.  The drone footage made it look like there is a normal size covered portion of balcony, plus an extended uncovered portion.  Suddenly I can't convince myself that there will be enough covered space for my practically translucent skin!  We'll be ok even if it's mostly a nighttime place to hang out, I guess, but I'm sort of wishing we'd booked a cove balcony instead =(

Our friends booked basically your cabin except on deck 9, I hope they aren't too unhappy with it.  

2 hours ago, bstel said:

i would think it is pretty obvious.  only about 10-20ft from promenade to 10330 balcony.  room is circled in red.  promenade deck is the red line.

Inked10330_LI.jpg

That photo is showing the starboard side. Your cabin is on the port side. I don’t think there is much of a difference, just clarifying.

15 hours ago, Virga said:

I'm fretting about our deck 10 cabin - no worries about the view or the music, but I'm concerned we won't have much covered space.  The drone footage made it look like there is a normal size covered portion of balcony, plus an extended uncovered portion.  Suddenly I can't convince myself that there will be enough covered space for my practically translucent skin!  We'll be ok even if it's mostly a nighttime place to hang out, I guess, but I'm sort of wishing we'd booked a cove balcony instead =(

Our friends booked basically your cabin except on deck 9, I hope they aren't too unhappy with it.  

On the way to Mexico the sun pretty much soaked the Balcony. But we had 3 stops and we were not on the balcony much during these times. On the way back to Florida the shade was perfect. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Three time cruiser on the Mardi Gras and this makes no sense to me.  

the sushi place is on 8.   Can you hear the staff cleaning.  Yep.  Don’t worry.  You can hear them on 14 if you are on your balcony.  It’s a cruise.   Not a retirement home.   

you can play music on your balcony if you don’t like it.   Just be respectful of your neighbors.  

have fun.   Complain at home.   🙂

6 minutes ago, Hokiehog2021 said:

Three time cruiser on the Mardi Gras and this makes no sense to me.  

the sushi place is on 8.   Can you hear the staff cleaning.  Yep.  Don’t worry.  You can hear them on 14 if you are on your balcony.  It’s a cruise.   Not a retirement home.   

you can play music on your balcony if you don’t like it.   Just be respectful of your neighbors.  

have fun.   Complain at home.   🙂

I think the OP was just letting folks know of the situation. We have been in balcony rooms on just under thirty cruises and have never heard noises or music from public areas (with one exception when our room was under the spa - never stayed in that location again) so we appreciate the OP pointing out the problem for those of us who want peace and quiet on our balcony.

• Like 5