NCL Getaway current capacity

vinob

H Folks, does anyone know whether there is reduced passenger capacity on its late October sailing.  I know when they restarted sailing it was reduced to 60% but I can't find any current information.  Any help appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The passenger load is not because NCL is limiting passengers, it is because people have decided that it is not safe/desirable to cruise in the middle of a pandemic surge. 

Short-term Outlook Remains Grim for Cruise Industry

Things are looking up…IMHO.  Your linked article says just that.

Carnival said the average ship was only 59% full in August, but that was an improvement from 39% in June, and voyages generated enough revenue to cover cash costs.

Edited by PTC DAWG

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Things are looking up…IMHO.  Your linked article says just that.

Carnival said the average ship was only 59% full in August, but that was an improvement from 39% in June, and voyages generated enough revenue to cover cash costs.

Yes. Our first Royal Caribbean cruise was 22% loaded. Our second, a few weeks ago was 40% loaded. RCCL may be able to break even at a 40% load only going to the Bahamas (Nassau, Freeport, and their private island),,, but the 22% load going to Cozumel was a money loser. 

Our NCL cruise to Alaska was over 60% loaded. 

But going back to the OP's question, the light loads are not because the cruise lines are posing any restrictions,,, it is that very few people think that it is a smart idea to be cruising during pandemic delta variant spike. 

Edited by BirdTravels

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The passenger load is not because NCL is limiting passengers, it is because people have decided that it is not safe/desirable to cruise in the middle of a pandemic surge. 

Short-term Outlook Remains Grim for Cruise Industry

I think you are right.  My December cruise has 7 of 14 aft Haven cabins still available, and my expedience is those can be difficult to get.