Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test.

welldone60

1 hour ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

I work in a nursing home and we have been given (and continue to receive) a huge number of Binax now tests.  We use them for testing our residents and guests.  I know they're acceptable by Carnival, but it is our nurse that is administering the test.  I wonder if Carnival would allow a sworn statement from the nurse on our letterhead.  That would certainly make it easier on me before we leave.

We are in the same situation as you (wife is admission coordinator at a senior community). They use the Binax test for employees and have extended the use of tests to family members of employees. I called my PVP and explained that if we get the test done by a nurse at my wife's workplace, what method can be used to certify the results. My PVP stated to his knowledge that Carnival will not accept Binax results from any method outside of the Emed proctors.

Of course, my PVP may have different info than other PVPs as we all know information sharing is suspect in Carnival. More so now with the information changing daily!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, PaulieG13 said:

We are in the same situation as you (wife is admission coordinator at a senior community). They use the Binax test for employees and have extended the use of tests to family members of employees. I called my PVP and explained that if we get the test done by a nurse at my wife's workplace, what method can be used to certify the results. My PVP stated to his knowledge that Carnival will not accept Binax results from any method outside of the Emed proctors.

Of course, my PVP may have different info than other PVPs as we all know information sharing is suspect in Carnival. More so now with the information changing daily!

I understand the position Carnival is taking and I really don't have an issue with it.  It just sucks that we have a couple thousand of these cards lying around and can't use them.