Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test.

welldone60

3 hours ago, llarsen said:

I just called Optum where I ordered the 3 test pack on Sept 29 and still have not received it.

They are going to get back to me within 48hrs...ughh

I asked her just to make sure "This 3 test package can be used by all 3 of us traveling, correct?" and she said "yes".

My husband and I ordered a 2 pack for a trip to Italy last month and did not have a problem. The tests arrived together but were separately packaged. 

Just make sure you DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE until you are on line with the representative who will watch you open it. 

That's crazy you haven't received yours yet. I ordered last night and it's coming on Thursday. And it shipped from Oakland so that's a heck of a lot closer to you than me.

Edited by Saint Greg

34 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Did you order from Optum? I don't see options to list multiple people. It asks if its for you or not. That's just on the questions to see if you're eligible. It doesn't ask for a name. The the only place it has you put a name in is on the shipping address page.

Same for me.  I truly hope we can use them as I ordered 8 tests for 4 people but I didn’t see any place to input a name other than my own for ordering purposes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mlshum said:

Same for me.  I truly hope we can use them as I ordered 8 tests for 4 people but I didn’t see any place to input a name other than my own for ordering purposes.

Yeah I was specifically looking for something like that when I ordered. I didn't see a place to put in multiple names. I just went back through it and still don't see where you would put multiple names in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

Ok now this has me worried. I only listed my name, not my husband's name.  Is this a problem?  I ordered the 2 pack.  We won't be taking it together.  I plan to take mine when I first wake up 2 days before sailing, before I head to the office.  He won't take his until later in the morning.....

I don't think taking them separately will be a problem. I do distinctly remember my husband listing my name on the test when ordering, cause I told him to make sure he hyphenated my name so there would be no confusion at the port. He listed my name and his and when we added our daughter we called and were specifically told she was not listed on the order. Now maybe that's because she is a minor. I dunno.

• Like 1

May be a dumb question, but if someone is holding my phone, while I am taking the test, will the screen automatically stay awake, so that they won't have to do anything accept hold the phone?

Is it easier to do it from a tablet?

I am assuming the test results are stored in your account on the Navica app, so any tablet or mobile device can be used for multiple people, as long as they have all created their oen account.

I can't get cell service in my home. I have the Abbott BinaxNow. Do they care where I perform the test e.g. can I go to the clubhouse in my neighborhood and connect with the wifi there? I'm thinking Starbucks is a no 🙂 

6 hours ago, AHS123 said:

I can't get cell service in my home. I have the Abbott BinaxNow. Do they care where I perform the test e.g. can I go to the clubhouse in my neighborhood and connect with the wifi there? I'm thinking Starbucks is a no 🙂 

It doesn't matter where you perform the test, but I wouldn't do it at Starbucks, lol. I would also find a quiet place as it was hard to understand the agent who proctored ours last month.

• Thanks 1

I wanted to see what the test was like so I watched a YouTube video. I highly recommend watching this video because this guy messed his test up. Fortunately he bought six of them. My question is can you do this anytime? It looks like you can but I thought I read about people making telehealth appointments.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 7:02 PM, welldone60 said:

Has anyone had experience using this test for Carnival. Having a hard time finding a local rapid test or 24 hour test for travel. Tried all the local pharmacy's and EM centers, all say 2-5 days.

Thanks for any info.

It depends on when your next cruise is scheduled.  By next year, I think they will move to a more practical protocol like: test or show proof of vaccination.  Hopefully most of this ridiculous testing will be gone for vaccinated people by next year.

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

My question is can you do this anytime? It looks like you can but I thought I read about people making telehealth appointments.

I have read on this forum that appointments aren't necessary. Thanks for the video. I checked youtube yesterday but found very few vids like this one produced by an end user.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I wanted to see what the test was like so I watched a YouTube video. I highly recommend watching this video because this guy messed his test up. Fortunately he bought six of them. My question is can you do this anytime? It looks like you can but I thought I read about people making telehealth appointments.

You can do it any time (no appointment) even in the middle of the night.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Clarasgrandma said:

The Optum website keeps saying my credit card is declined when I’m trying to checkout.  I’ve tried with 2 different cards.  Anyone else having this issue?

Just ordered a test kit and had no problem with credit card or completed the transaction. The site confirmed the order and I got an email receipt a few moments later. Due to arrive next Monday or Tuesday (they say!)

Maybe try reboot/restart and begin afresh?

7 hours ago, CenTexan said:

Just ordered a test kit and had no problem with credit card or completed the transaction. The site confirmed the order and I got an email receipt a few moments later. Due to arrive next Monday or Tuesday (they say!)

Maybe try reboot/restart and begin afresh?

Thank you.  I ended up ordering as a guest vs using the account I had made, same credit card, and the sale went through! 

15 minutes ago, martinchem said:

We need them for end of November and second week of January,  so I'll wait till end of October to order, I  just need an expiration date that'll work through the January cruise.

The expiration date on your order will depend on the inventory available to ship at the time your order is placed. The oldest inventory will be shipped first.

There is no guarantee that the kits you order will be good for the second week of January.

Place an order for each cruise date at the time you need it.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:42 AM, Homosassa said:

The expiration date on your order will depend on the inventory available to ship at the time your order is placed. The oldest inventory will be shipped first.

There is no guarantee that the kits you order will be good for the second week of January.

Place an order for each cruise date at the time you need it.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:23 AM, martinchem said:

We need them for end of November and second week of January,  so I'll wait till end of October to order, I  just need an expiration date that'll work through the January cruise.

On the Emed website, it states that their tests are sold out and back ordered, and they expect to have more sometime in November. I ordered from Optum, and their website states  the current tests may only be good until December 21st, and also that there is a shortage of tests. We are in the same boat and would have liked the six pack if it would have not expired before our January cruise. I chose to buy enough for our nov cruises now for peace of mind. I didn’t want to risk not getting tests in time for our nov sail date. Best of luck to you! 

• Like 1

How long is everyone waiting to get someone to proctor the test? I'd really like to have my husband do his before he goes to work for the day (5:30am ET) so we will know if we can cancel our backup rapid tests that are scheduled for the afternoon. I have taken the day off so I don't care about waiting a while for someone to come on. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, x lindsay x said:

How long is everyone waiting to get someone to proctor the test? I'd really like to have my husband do his before he goes to work for the day (5:30am ET) so we will know if we can cancel our backup rapid tests that are scheduled for the afternoon. I have taken the day off so I don't care about waiting a while for someone to come on. 

I am traveling the night before I am to take the test and will arrive home after midnight.   I am thinking that I can take the test at that point and maybe it will be easier to get through.   I also have back up tests scheduled for that afternoon.  

18 minutes ago, tw67 said:

I am traveling the night before I am to take the test and will arrive home after midnight.   I am thinking that I can take the test at that point and maybe it will be easier to get through.   I also have back up tests scheduled for that afternoon.  

Just an FYI - this test was originally primarily used for people returning to the US via flight. So people all over the world are doing this at all hours.

In the late June/July time frame there were reports of 3 hour wait times but that is when the Delta variant was first starting and created work shortages in the Philippines where this is proctored. By August it seemed to be resolved and I waited 1 minute and the wife waited 3 minutes to get someone on to administer the test. Of course that was Spain time and was about 2:00AM EST. From reading many forums, threads, etc. it doesn't seem like there is any crazy wait times lately (knock on wood) but with both flights and cruise people using it now - who knows.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GeoHack said:

Just an FYI - this test was originally primarily used for people returning to the US via flight. So people all over the world are doing this at all hours.

In the late June/July time frame there were reports of 3 hour wait times but that is when the Delta variant was first starting and created work shortages in the Philippines where this is proctored. By August it seemed to be resolved and I waited 1 minute and the wife waited 3 minutes to get someone on to administer the test. Of course that was Spain time and was about 2:00AM EST. From reading many forums, threads, etc. it doesn't seem like there is any crazy wait times lately (knock on wood) but with both flights and cruise people using it now - who knows.

That is true, middle of the night here is morning in Europe!  

I just hope that after midnight counts!  I know that I won't be able to sleep until this is completed!

On 9/29/2021 at 8:02 PM, welldone60 said:

Has anyone had experience using this test for Carnival. Having a hard time finding a local rapid test or 24 hour test for travel. Tried all the local pharmacy's and EM centers, all say 2-5 days.

Thanks for any info.

ordered from emed recieved next day    15 mins to negative  

• Like 1

I work in a nursing home and we have been given (and continue to receive) a huge number of Binax now tests.  We use them for testing our residents and guests.  I know they're acceptable by Carnival, but it is our nurse that is administering the test.  I wonder if Carnival would allow a sworn statement from the nurse on our letterhead.  That would certainly make it easier on me before we leave.