Marella private transfers from/to airport

dmsw00

Good morning mdse.

i think that with Marella it is a case of  you have to make your own way to the port or airport.  We were looking at the UK trips earlier this year and the main  coach service for the uk cruise ports (Intercruise ) were only picking up passengers for the other cruise lines eg P&O, Cunard etc. I haven’t heard anything regarding Marella offering such services either by coach or taxi.

Regards BJ.

Edited by Brummijam

Thanks for all your replies - much appreciated.  Finally managed to speak to someone at Marella, only to be told that, as I booked through a travel agent, the request must come from them.

I told them that, as I had already booked excursions and seats together on the plane, I couldn't see why the same should not apply to this request.

Anyway have contacted my TA and they will look into the matter.  

3 hours ago, dmsw00 said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for

Hi Dmsw.

my mistake on my earlier reply.

On previous cruise holidays people have collected their baggage and jumped into taxis that are outside the airport terminal and made their way to the port, only problem with this is if there are any unforeseen problems on the taxi trip the ship will not wait for you.😳

2 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

Hi Dmsw.

my mistake on my earlier reply.

On previous cruise holidays people have collected their baggage and jumped into taxis that are outside the airport terminal and made their way to the port, only problem with this is if there are any unforeseen problems on the taxi trip the ship will not wait for you.😳

And, don’t forget, if you do decide to take a taxi, let the cruise rep know. I remember, a few years ago, the coach we were on, waited at the airport for about 30 minutes because some passengers had not informed the rep. A few unhappy bunnies that day.

4 minutes ago, Tizzy-Jo said:

And, don’t forget, if you do decide to take a taxi, let the cruise rep know. I remember, a few years ago, the coach we were on, waited at the airport for about 30 minutes because some passengers had not informed the rep. A few unhappy bunnies that day.

That would only happen when you have an isolated incoming flight and they try to make sure they have not left anyone behind

10 minutes ago, Tizzy-Jo said:

Good point Tizzy.👍

1 hour ago, dmsw00 said:

I told them that, as I had already booked excursions and seats together on the plane, I couldn't see why the same should not apply to this request.

Anyway have contacted my TA and they will look into the matter.  

Basically because they do not do private transfers , your TA might be able to arrange it but as a private non marella service

21 hours ago, okavango said:

Basically because they do not do private transfers , your TA might be able to arrange it but as a private non marella service

Many thanks for your reply - only reason I am looking into this is that I read (maybe on here?) that when a passenger tested positive prior to embarkation those in close proximity to him/her on the coach also had to self-isolate.

I realise that same could happen on the flight, but possibly one less thing that could go wrong.