HUGE Panorama price drop, does.........

klfhngr

I just checked prices for October 30th and (for example) it shows $239 pp interior and when you get to the category with rates page it says interiors are:

Interior

Guest 1:$429.00*
Guest 2:$429.00*
I don't like their games....

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I just checked prices for October 30th and (for example) it shows $239 pp interior and when you get to the category with rates page it says interiors are:

Interior

I keep running into that. All I can figure is maybe it used to be that price and sold out. Always have to click thru  .. seen that a lot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I keep running into that. All I can figure is maybe it used to be that price and sold out.  

If they don't change the pricing as rates close out I'd call this practice bait and switch. They could offer one cabin at a special rate in a category and then say "oops, sorry Charlie." 

Same thing with their reduced deposit sales, Fly. Pre-Covid the ads said $50 ( or whatever ) reduced deposit per person. Now they say: From $50 per person. When I call my PVP that deposit amount is never available and they cluck their tongue and remind me the ad says FROM... Grrrrr.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

If they don't change the pricing as rates close out I'd call this practice bait and switch. They could offer one cabin at a special rate in a category and then say "oops, sorry Charlie." 

Same thing with their reduced deposit sales, Fly. Pre-Covid the ads said $50 ( or whatever ) reduced deposit per person. Now they say: From $50 per person. When I call my PVP that deposit amount is never available and they cluck their tongue and remind me the ad says FROM... Grrrrr.

I personally don't think It is a bait and switch. I think there are only a certain number of allocated cabins at the promotional rates. Once they are booked, need to book at nonpromotional  rates.

I see that often too but once I go through the mock booking and hit the "more" options for the VIFP offers, then the lower advertised rate will show up somewhere on the list.   But almost always, it starts at a higher price until I pick a different code.  

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 4:31 PM, madera cruiser said:

Are you under the impression that because the price dropped, you automatically get OBC?

Don't work quite that way.

Um, no! Early Savers and fill out form.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 5:28 PM, 80sGal said:

I see that often too but once I go through the mock booking and hit the "more" options for the VIFP offers, then the lower advertised rate will show up somewhere on the list.   But almost always, it starts at a higher price until I pick a different code.  

Same experience here!  It appeared to be a higher rate, however, when I worked my way through the booking, I got to a certain point where I had to select which offer I was booking under.  There were four of them and one was the lower rate.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

Same experience here!  It appeared to be a higher rate, however, when I worked my way through the booking, I got to a certain point where I had to select which offer I was booking under.  There were four of them and one was the lower rate.

I've seen a lot where the lower rate never showed up. And yes I know to click for more options. Though I have seen some great rates lately. 

Got another price drop today for $346.00 on top of the first one I got last week for $190.00 on a Panorama Havana Cabana for 12/31/21 sailing!!! Shocked 😳 I now have enough OBC to cover Cheers! Rate code OS5 under mock booking options. Sale ended tonight and submitted the PP form at 7:30 PM PST and it was approved at 8:15 PM PST?!?!? Again, shocking/double shocked. 

Edited by bdever
Rate code added
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, 1stin71 said:

I see you are in Culver City, have you ever considered taking the Metro all the way to Long Beach.

I am in the San Gabriel Valley and have done it numerous times....it does take a couple of hours but hey, there is plenty of time to get to LB. And it only costs a couple of bucks, even cheaper if you are 60+.

Absolutely safe, although you do see some "characters" along the way .... makes for interesting people watching.

Capt.

I had no idea the metro even went to LB from Culver City. I thought the CC train traveled east & west not north & south. Any rate, an Uber for $40 each way is fine for me. 

Our price drop got declined! Sux! We booked Early Saver, then rebooked at a lower rate a few months ago, however we did not know that it was now considered VIFP. So, the $260 price drop was declined. It bites, we were going to use the OBC for a couple of bottles of booze or for gratuities. Oh well, at least I'm glad that some of you were able to get some OBC! Buy me a drink, lol! 😉

On 9/30/2021 at 4:14 PM, sanmarcosman said:

Interior

I booked the 10/30 after seeing this post and paid $129 for a balcony cabin. It was $129 for interior, ov or balcony. The promo was gone the next day.

• Like 1