Getting rapid test for Royal, arriving in from Ireland 27Dec

Kilash

Hi everyone,

we arrive into Orlando from Dublin, Ireland on Monday 27th December in the evening around 6pm. We cruise Tuesday 28th at 4pm from Pt Canaveral. Does that mean our best option for having a test to show at boarding on Tuesday is to have a rapid antigen or whatever is fastest? Just trying to get organized. We will travel over to Pt Canveral and stay there monday night.

I don’t think it’s wise to assume arriving in Orlando on Monday evening, we’ll be able to just get a test with very fast results somewhere that will be ready for boarding Tuesday afternoon? or maybe so... being non-americans we are not familiar with your pharmacies etc..

maybe we should take one in Ireland on Sunday 26th night time, hopefully that should be ok inside 48 hours... in case you haven't noticed i've no idea how they work! only know of PCR and antigen.

And on 1st January when we arrive back on the ship into Pt Canaveral - what is the protocol? Do we take a test on board, does it have to be paid for? Or do we just continue on with our trip to our hotel in Orlando? We are spending 2nd week 1st - 9th Jan in orlando.

thank you 

Edited by Kilash

Hi, I see you are new to Cruise Critic, welcome😀.  That test? You will have to have it before you fly from Ireland. There are certain protocols in place for everyone who is traveling here.

All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.

Hope this helps a bit.  You might check the CDC website in case there are changes....everything is fluid these days.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html

And I would ask the question on the Royal Boards about if their ships are offering testing before you disembark. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

And I would ask the question on the Royal Boards about if their ships are offering testing before you disembark. 

OP went to the RC board first. 

OP, given your time frame, I recommend you find a test site in or around the Port Canaveral area for the morning of your departure.  The county health dept. (approx. 20 minute drive south to Viera), some pharmacy chains, and smaller walk in clinics have all been mentioned here on the board as options. 

There is also a pop up test site at the Port if all else fails.  There is a fee. 

Have you looked at the self test option? I don't know if they are available for international shipping, but maybe you could have it delivered to your hotel in Florida, and take it in your hotel room before you head to the port.

If it were me, I believe I would try to go with this option, given the Holidays, etc. It's hard to predict what staffing levels and hours of operation will be at that point. 

Good luck, whatever you decide. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you. Is there anywhere on RC website where it tells you exactly what the test has to say / look like? I’m not familiar with these at all… 

do you need to go to a testing facility that can produce lab records? Or is something ordered online suffice? Eg if you just bring the testing device / result (I don’t even know what it looks like) does it have to be accompanied by paper ?

everything is quite obscure. Not happy at the moment with the level of details provided about what happens at the boarding process exactly and what is needed. It’s ridiculous for international travelers. 

I’ll be calling RC up tomorrow and looking for hard answers if they want to keep our party of 8. 
I think we have until November 1st to cancel