“LIVE” from Oasis of the Seas - Oct. 3, 2021

Radio

4 hours ago, MCazer said:

Question... We are boarding the Oasis tomorrow, and the forecast is for rain. We will be parking at the pier.  Is there a covered walkway, or do we need to wear a raincoat and have an umbrella?  

Also, would we be able to drop our bags off before parking to make it less of a thing, with the chance of getting wet.  I already have black garbage bags in the outside pockets just in case we have to walk in the rain. Don't want our luggage getting wet!

Yes you can drop off luggage before you go to parking garage with car.  

Short walk from garage to terminal a jacket with a hood should be fine if raining hard.

Radio—thanks for the awesome live posting.  It’s been a lot of fun following along. 

Do you remember what time Oasis started pulling away slowly from Bayonne on Day 1?  Around what time did you pass under the bridge?

We have early dining—thinking about doing specialty dining so I dont miss that view.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, FloatingPharmacist said:

Radio—thanks for the awesome live posting.  It’s been a lot of fun following along. 

Do you remember what time Oasis started pulling away slowly from Bayonne on Day 1?  Around what time did you pass under the bridge?

We have early dining—thinking about doing specialty dining so I dont miss that view.  Thanks.

Oasis of the Seas pulling away from the pier slowly at 5:00 p.m. (Sunday)

Radio

PXL_20211003_211444059_MP.thumb.jpg.caeac2c61197c6760a36c44579b14c43.jpg

Edited by Radio
  • Like 2

Hey Radio - Thanks for the amazing posts/photos.  Joining you tomorrow on the Oasis.

A friend of mine just told me that all the major shows require reservations (and I see "reservations required" on your daily compass posts - which is fine if reservations can be on while on board and may be an issue if they had to be done ahead of time.  Can you shed any light on this?  Thanks!

Hello everyone and good morning. Wi-Fi was down for most of yesterday, so it was difficult to post anything. It seemed that all passengers were trying to get things done that they didn't have time to do all week. I was one of them. I was able to visit the Solarium Bistro for the first time for dinner. I tried to do some shopping but I have another week for that.

The weather was bad for all of yesterday, with heavy winds and heavy rain. The seas were rough, passengers could still move around without much trouble. Deck 16 was closed for passenger use and all outdoor activities were closed. There were still some swimmers who used the pools though.

We are approaching the Verrazano Bridge and should be docked by around 5:30-6am

I had a great time this week, and am looking forward to next week on Oasis of the Seas.

There will be a NEW "LIVE" for that posting starting later today.

Radio

A little rough seas

PXL_20211009_174818884_MP.thumb.jpg.bd0cc8185c752f60b9e00384987ff944.jpg

The Boardwalk Carousel

PXL_20211009_190809703_MP.thumb.jpg.eb3f8dc7b3bf60aa21794f4a3c7a0948.jpg

The Royal Theater

PXL_20211009_194018186_MP.thumb.jpg.7a103f1b0cb47845aa8a5e373ecec82a.jpg

The Royal Theater

PXL_20211009_194207632_MP.thumb.jpg.b3c084f5883dcbc53e235cb4c4a58dd5.jpg

I should spend more time in the Vitality Spa/Gym

PXL_20211009_194640634_MP.thumb.jpg.e47961b2da4f88964f3cc5cf9bcc7f0e.jpg

Jazz on Four was converted to the Pinnacle Club in the evenings

PXL_20211009_212806740_MP.thumb.jpg.767da10fbe5d4b99d9b79f9092e57773.jpg

A huge Whirpool was on each side near the Solarium

PXL_20211009_223137619_MP.thumb.jpg.a9ff3914165347d56fb715c17581a224.jpg

My dessert after a great dinner at Solarium Bistro.

PXL_20211009_221552728_MP.thumb.jpg.c95d8e82d142917c02233f1b9c64e774.jpg

Edited by Radio
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, HelenKNY said:

Hey Radio - Thanks for the amazing posts/photos.  Joining you tomorrow on the Oasis.

A friend of mine just told me that all the major shows require reservations (and I see "reservations required" on your daily compass posts - which is fine if reservations can be on while on board and may be an issue if they had to be done ahead of time.  Can you shed any light on this?  Thanks!

You won't have any worries. The ship is sailing at reduced capacity. No one has complained on board about not being able to see a show. . .You will have fun.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

We were on Oasis about 5 years ago.  I thought at that time you scheduled alot of the shows about 60 days out.  Is that still the time for scheduling the shows?  

No, as of now, shows can only booked once on board. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates Radio my wife and I have just booked a B2B on Oasis out of Miami so the information is really helpful. Looked at the procedure for COVID testing on a B2B but never heard of a transit card. Could you advise what that is please. I’m from the UK. 

37 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Thanks for the updates Radio my wife and I have just booked a B2B on Oasis out of Miami so the information is really helpful. Looked at the procedure for COVID testing on a B2B but never heard of a transit card. Could you advise what that is please. I’m from the UK. 

I'm not sure what Transit card is but I will attempt to find out.

Radio

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radio said:

Passing under the Verrazano Bridge

At what time did you pass under the bridge? What’s the timestamp on that photo?

I was watching the webcam this morning, but must have missed the arrival moment.

• Like 1

And how did you like Solarium Bistro? Would you recommend skipping the Main Dining once to try it out?

Thanks so much for covering the cruise! We can’t wait to sail a week from now!

Edited by Ilya

3 hours ago, Radio said:

I'm not sure what Transit card is but I will attempt to find out.

Radio

I believe “ transit card” is the card they give you when doing a B2B so you may leave the ship the turnaround day and when you come back to re-board you only need to show that card and you can get right back onto the ship without waiting. At lease that’s how it worked on our B2B in the past. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riviera said:

I believe “ transit card” is the card they give you when doing a B2B so you may leave the ship the turnaround day and when you come back to re-board you only need to show that card and you can get right back onto the ship without waiting. At lease that’s how it worked on our B2B in the past. 

You are exactly correct riviera. . .Thank you.

It was included in my new Seapass holder.

Radio

PXL_20211010_145523489_MP.thumb.jpg.89c54d1f93204a49940beaf6b05240cd.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ilya said:

And how did you like Solarium Bistro? Would you recommend skipping the Main Dining once to try it out?

Thanks so much for covering the cruise! We can’t wait to sail a week from now!

I loved it. . . It definitely different. You order your entree and then you can select from about 30 different appetizers that are served to you. It was very good.

Radio

• Like 2

Thanks for the information on the transit card. Makes sense I guess. Noticed that you have to have your birth certificate when supplying the B2B paperwork. It stated on the document you posted that you need your alien resident card or birth certificate.  Never brought my birth certificate when doing a cruise before. Was that actually required please Radio

1 minute ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Any issues with obtaining a pool lounger? I know capacity is reduced, but it seems like the chairs are too.

Pool Loungers are plentiful. There have been no concerns with getting a lounger.

Radio

• Like 1