Nov 18 cruise on Summit

brooker

We’re on the Summit cruise on the 22nd.  I expected Key West would be cancelled but disappointed none the less.  Still awaiting what will be done regarding Grand Caymen.  Not stopping there is no loss for me.  I expect either an overnight in Aruba since the cruise is 11 nights or maybe Roaton as a substitute.

We're on Summit the week before you.     We had Dominican Republic on the original itinerary.    Just got switched out with Cozumel.     The letter said the new pier in the DR won't be ready in time.

We are cruising B2B on the Summit in December.  They have cancelled Key West stops and we are cancelling in Nassau instead.  Does anyone know why these changes are being made?  Does it have anything to do with the cruise ship ban (that I thought was overturned?) in Key West?  

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

We’re on the Summit cruise on the 22nd.  I expected Key West would be cancelled but disappointed none the less.  Still awaiting what will be done regarding Grand Caymen.  Not stopping there is no loss for me.  I expect either an overnight in Aruba since the cruise is 11 nights or maybe Roaton as a substitute.

I assume you're not talking about November. I'm on the Summit Nov. 22nd and that's a 5 night cruise. Key West has been replaced by a seaday, then Costa Maya, then Cozumel as originally scheduled.  

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I assume you're not talking about November. I'm on the Summit Nov. 22nd and that's a 5 night cruise. Key West has been replaced by a seaday, then Costa Maya, then Cozumel as originally scheduled.  

We are on this cruise with you too!  Had hoped to go to Key West, actually, but we love sea days, so we are not too disappointed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zdad59 said:

We're on Summit the week before you.     We had Dominican Republic on the original itinerary.    Just got switched out with Cozumel.     The letter said the new pier in the DR won't be ready in time.

Still have the old facility at Samana available for limited berths until the new one opens in Dec?  Our 12 Nov Constellation still shows DR as a 'go'.  Have already had shorex cancel emails for other ports, but not DR.

1 hour ago, quicklabs said:

We are cruising B2B on the Summit in December.  They have cancelled Key West stops and we are cancelling in Nassau instead.  Does anyone know why these changes are being made?  Does it have anything to do with the cruise ship ban (that I thought was overturned?) in Key West?  

No Key West, their residents have spoken.

our Dec 1st  cruise has had Key West cancelled too.  Going to Bimini, Bahamas now.  Wish they were replacing with Coco Cay. Disappointed in Celebrity since they have known about Key West issue and waited till now.   Will see what is in Bimini.

Still on a cruise is better than not and may make it a sea day.