Nespresso machine

Russiamomm

Hi everyone.  I know that only the Haven cabins have a Nespresso machine.  Does anyone know if I can request one if I’m in a lower grade cabin? I have one at home and have become quite fond of that little machine.  I’m happy to bring my own pods.  

7 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Hi everyone.  I know that only the Haven cabins have a Nespresso machine.  Does anyone know if I can request one if I’m in a lower grade cabin? I have one at home and have become quite fond of that little machine.  I’m happy to bring my own pods.  

Nope. YOu will have your Hamilton Beach coffee maker in your stateroom. Your room steward will refill the pods. Enjoy. 

image.thumb.png.83ac0c6b1169e7765b769a78eb50e3ee.png

image.png.139a381ede05afd11f625229d8e52913.png

6 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@russianmom

I would very much doubt it as, if they did, everyone would want one!!!   I doubt that you would even get a simple tea/coffee maker if you were not in a category that gets them.  

They will tell you that coffee is FREEly available 

thank you both.  I figured that was the answer.  I’m a bit of a coffee snob and don’t care for those little hotel-like coffee makers.  The last two trips on NCL I was in a studio and loved having that espresso maker in the lounge.  This time I’m in a club studio and a balcony (B2B) and will have the little drip machine. I think my Starbucks bill will be much higher this trip!

4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I would suspect that only Suites (the S category on some smaller ships and Joy) and Haven would have them.  I did wonder if the Club Balcony suites  might have them but it doesn't appear so. 

I’m in a Club Balcony.  I have the regular coffee maker, but not a Nespresso.  😒

• Like 2

Just now, Russiamomm said:

I’m in a Club Balcony.  I have the regular coffee maker, but not a Nespresso.  😒

Yeah, as I thought.  Sorry.  Have you tried their French Press coffee; it's my favourite as I don't care for espresso.  Oh well... things may change, I'll cross my fingers for you.  There's always Starbucks, right?

4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Yeah, as I thought.  Sorry.  Have you tried their French Press coffee; it's my favourite as I don't care for espresso.  Oh well... things may change, I'll cross my fingers for you.  There's always Starbucks, right?

Indeed.  There’s always Starbucks!  I’ve also found that a shot of Kailua or Baileys also makes the buffet swill drinkable.  😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Yup, my late DH loved his coffee so he'd have his with a shot of whiskey....Irish Coffee was his go to.. 

yup.  Can’t live without my coffee.  Coffee in the morning, wine in the afternoon.  😃

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I would suspect that only Suites (the S category on some smaller ships and Joy) and Haven would have them.  I did wonder if the Club Balcony suites  might have them but it doesn't appear so. 

No. The Hamilton Beach picture above was from a Club Balcony room. Remember, a club balcony is only a balcony room. Not a suite. 

For that matter, the Suites "S" on the Joy don't have a butler either. 

The Suites "S" on the Joy have the Nespresso. 

image.png.427a351275f777bba393fc335f467b45.png

Thank You @BirdTravels that's what I suspected, so, just to confirm, the only staterooms which would have the expresso machines, will be the S category (Suites) or the Haven category cabins. 

Cheers, coffee in the morning, wine at night.... LOL

Cheers

Edited by All-ready2cruise

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No. The Hamilton Beach picture above was from a Club Balcony room. Remember, a club balcony is only a balcony room. Not a suite. 

For that matter, the Suites "S" on the Joy don't have a butler either. 

The Suites "S" on the Joy have the Nespresso. 

image.png.427a351275f777bba393fc335f467b45.png

My favorite little machine.  Since I’ve been working at home my day is a series of trips from the office to the Nespresso machine in the kitchen and back.  😃

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gardening_guy said:

These Nespresso machines also make regular coffee and not just expresso.  Does anyone know if it’s really good coffee though?  It seems to me that the French press would be better?

Well, for me, I love French Press, I make it at home, always great coffee.  The only place I've had it on the ship though, is at Le Bistro, not sure where else to get it.  (don't even care if it's an extra charge) anyone?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@All-ready2cruise

Well, there's always a hot Toddy, but that drink doesn't include coffee or whiskey.... 

When I have a cold that IS the only time when I would adulterate my single malt!!!   A hot toddy HAS to have whisky in it to do any good!!!

Right, however, being from the east coast of ... you know that place ... my father always had rum, so, of course, a hot toddy after a long day fishing out on the Atlantic, a hot toddy was whatever was in the house...lol.