Anxiety with testing.

desiree741

On 10/2/2021 at 12:45 PM, mondello said:

Can I do that on an iPad from our hotel in Florida?

This video from Parodeejay helped ease my anxiety about testing from our hotel room before cruising next month.  Dee and Jay perform the test on themselves while being online with the health professional. They also have some great tips on being prepared.

https://youtu.be/felpqrm6lzI

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lgerrish said:

This video from Parodeejay helped ease my anxiety about testing from our hotel room before cruising next month.  Dee and Jay perform the test on themselves while being online with the health professional. They also have some great tips on being prepared.

https://youtu.be/felpqrm6lzI

I'll be using my cell phone, so your iPad should work fine as long as you download the Navica App and create an account before you're ready to do the test. I suggest watching the video. It really helped me feel less anxious about testing in my hotel room.

• Thanks 1

Actually I am not concerned now that I have read the experiences of other cruisers. I will go through our mobile test site by my house which gives results in two hours instead of my healthcare provider, who said they may or may not have the results in two days. That was strange but whatever. We still have until December and the way things change like the wind, there may be different rules by then.

You are definitely not the only one. So much so, that if it is still in place later this year, I will cancel or postpone my cruise. I love a cruise once I am on the ship, but the stress of the process of actually getting on the ship was already pretty bad for me. It's just not worth it once Covid is added to the process. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, asalligo said:

You are definitely not the only one. So much so, that if it is still in place later this year, I will cancel or postpone my cruise. I love a cruise once I am on the ship, but the stress of the process of actually getting on the ship was already pretty bad for me. It's just not worth it once Covid is added to the process. 

Same here, agree 100%, we going to go on our November cruise with the Over the Top requirements...if it turns out to be more "angst", then will definitely cancel the February and the July cruises. It's just getting so burdensome to jump through all these hoops.   We are vaccinated, and have documentation of both shots, that should be enough , without all the "angst" of this 48 hour craziness. Count us out.

• 4 weeks later...

It was a lot of stress to get this all done, but everything went fairly smoothly.  I will say IT WAS SO WORTH IT!  This was my favorite cruise of all time.  The lower capacity and the crew being so grateful (as well as passengers) made it so much fun!  I think I'll order the tests as a backup, just in case.

• Like 1