Wine Lists and Menus - For Those Itching To "Know Before You Go"

canderson

In another thread, there was quite a bit of confusion as to how some were viewing current wine lists.  As was pointed out there, it can't be done from the X web site, but can be done through use of the Celebrity app.  In fact, it is possible to bring up not only wine lists but current dining menus for any ship that is currently sailing.  The few that haven't yet restarted (e.g., Constellation and Reflection) and those that will be idled until next year (e.g., Infinity) aren't going to be available yet, but there's a bit of a work-around for that, too.

The problem, once it was understood that the app was the way to do this, was how to get there, especially for the ships that haven't yet restarted.  For those, we recommended that a sister ship in the same state of 'Revolution' or 'non-Revolution' be selected as a surrogate to get a sense of what was likely to be available in the future.  The step by step that follows also shows you how to use your own reservation page on the app to look at OTHER cruises to get this sort of information if your 'un-restarted' ship doesn't have anything posted yet.  In each case, once you have picked an appropriate ship, you can pick the currently sailing cruise for that ship to see what the wine lists and menus look like in each of the venues.

NOTE:  If particularly interested in the wine lists, be aware of the fact that you will want to check across EACH of the available dining venues.  There are overlaps between the lists, but also a fair number of differences.  This is particularly important if you are looking for a specific wine and not just surfing to see a few options.

Once you've hit the "Wine" page for any venue, be prepared to do some scrolling.  The organization, such as it is, isn't intuitive once you're into the full bottle section apart from the 'bubbly' - white/rose - red groupings.  Seems to be partly, but not entirely, by country as opposed to appellation.

Open the app,   Bring up any cruise you see.  If your ship isn't sailing, choose the "Select a different sailing" option.  If your ship is sailing, you can ignore the next couple of steps and just select the "Dining" button:

BS1.thumb.jpg.359f8869dc4a851a0278ea6514d9196f.jpg  

BS2.thumb.jpg.16246c0e0dd88a07a11c261e92a64c21.jpg

At the bottom, click on "Get more details on ships we support" and select a sister ship (or yours, if shown) ...

BS3.thumb.jpg.fd9349cafcc76ada9148bbf8c4d83593.jpg 

BS4.thumb.jpg.b2c4032158e67ae6b136f2ce20160b01.jpg

... and a current cruise date.  That cruise's app page will appear.  Select the "Dining" button:

BS5.thumb.jpg.2f5a384804da62afa78557a6733e6714.jpg 

BS6.thumb.jpg.66696ea26ef879b786c82fc54c635046.jpg

Select "Restaurants" to see both MDR and specialty lists and menus.  Choose your venue:

BS7.thumb.jpg.ae29e0b2d5e26fe6f5470e60b5bc7197.jpg  

BS8.thumb.jpg.bb16c395594549b082cead0e7b4a37e2.jpg

From here, you may view menus and wine lists.

BS9.thumb.jpg.bcb6653f311ef4d10bb12353b1d33354.jpg   

BS10.thumb.jpg.8352c8d16ec68a3fb47a8ccb0234b7b3.jpg

Here is the beginning of a wine list from the MDR selected above:

BS11.thumb.jpg.0cf2534b2f51d8f4516e59c027fcde31.jpg

BS2.jpg

BS5.jpg

BS7.jpg

Edited by canderson
Formatting
  • Thanks 4

$9.  If you order a $10 drink with the Classic package, you'll pay $1 + 20% tip = $1.20

BTW - to those on early Constellation cruises, they have just uploaded the booze and wine lists to the app database.  No food yet! 🙂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, canderson said:

$9.  If you order a $10 drink with the Classic package, you'll pay $1 + 20% tip = $1.20

BTW - to those on early Constellation cruises, they have just uploaded the booze and wine lists to the app database.  No food yet! 🙂

What about martinis and wines for those on the CBP? Didn't see anything listed under $9.00

There are lots of things available for $9 or less.  What's listed on those pages aren't the bar menus, but rather, the 'specialty drinks', some of which are less than $9.  The regular bar menu has many more options which you'll discover as you are aboard.  Still trying to decide whether the "Mexican Firing Squad" (Don Julio + orange bitters + lime + grenadine + soda) is politically correct or not, but it does come for $9.

I'm seeing on my list a number of wines by the glass in the MDR for $9 or less.  You want to stay focused on the section that says "Classic Package" if you're trying to keep the price at 9 or below.  As I say, the list isn't entirely intuitive.  It takes some searching to see all that's there on these wine lists.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, canderson said:

There are lots of things available for $9 or less.  What's listed on those pages aren't the bar menus, but rather, the 'specialty drinks', some of which are less than $9.  The regular bar menu has many more options which you'll discover as you are aboard.  Still trying to decide whether the "Mexican Firing Squad" (Don Julio + orange bitters + lime + grenadine + soda) is politically correct or not, but it does come for $9.

I'm seeing on my list a number of wines by the glass in the MDR for $9 or less.  You want to stay focused on the section that says "Classic Package" if you're trying to keep the price at 9 or below.  As I say, the list isn't entirely intuitive.  It takes some searching to see all that's there on these wine lists.

I enjoy an Aperol spritzer mid afternoon. Is there an upcharge for this? 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

What about martinis and wines for those on the CBP? Didn't see anything listed under $9.00

You can order a regular martini at  most of the bars using the gin or vodka that comes with the CBP. You can’t order any of the specialty martinis at the Martini Bar unless you are willing to pay the overage plus 20% on the amount over $9.00. There are also.several wines you can order that are $9.00. Again you can order any wine if you are willing to pay the overage. 

if you are ever in doubt simply ask the bartender what you want and if it’s included in the CBP. They are always willing to help you stay within the CBP. 

Edited by RICCruisers
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Chris

I can see the food menus on our Nov 12/21 Constellation sailing. I deleted the Celebrity app that I had previously downloaded and simply downloaded it again.

If you haven’t done that lately, try it and see if that makes a difference.

Randy

2 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

Chris

I can see the food menus on our Nov 12/21 Constellation sailing. I deleted the Celebrity app that I had previously downloaded and simply downloaded it again.

Yes, a while after posting this, Nov 7/21 meals were up for viewing, too!  Interesting to compare Luminae to the MDR.  Looks like we'll be grazing a bit from each, though mostly Luminae.

What I am still trying to figure out is why they show dinners for Day 1 through Day 6 on the 11/7 (5 nt) cruise, and dinners for Day 1 through Day 11 for the 11/12 (10 nt) cruise.  Not that I'd mind extending my cruise by a couple of extra days, but ... ???    In order for that to make any sense at all, one would also expect the 11/7 'Day 6' menu to match the 11/12 Day 1 menu for dinner, perhaps?  I wouldn't put too much faith in what's being served on which evening from these lists for ships not yet sailing.  Still, it gives a good idea of the kinds of meals they're planning.

6 hours ago, canderson said:

Yes, a while after posting this, Nov 7/21 meals were up for viewing, too!  Interesting to compare Luminae to the MDR.  Looks like we'll be grazing a bit from each, though mostly Luminae.

What I am still trying to figure out is why they show dinners for Day 1 through Day 6 on the 11/7 (5 nt) cruise, and dinners for Day 1 through Day 11 for the 11/12 (10 nt) cruise.  Not that I'd mind extending my cruise by a couple of extra days, but ... ???    In order for that to make any sense at all, one would also expect the 11/7 'Day 6' menu to match the 11/12 Day 1 menu for dinner, perhaps?  I wouldn't put too much faith in what's being served on which evening from these lists for ships not yet sailing.  Still, it gives a good idea of the kinds of meals they're planning.

Not sure why we get the extra menu day, but you’re right about giving us an idea as to what their plan looks like. It actually helps when we are trying to decide which days we might head to a Specialty Restaurant. 

As a sideline…I’m still only showing 2 buttons (Safety and Dining) on my app for November.

Randy

1 hour ago, TXU2 said:

A five-night cruise involves 6 days. Day 1 and night 1 is the day you get on. Day 6 you get off (unless doing a b2b 🙂) and don't spend the night.

Um... they show a dinner menu for days 1-6.  Dinner menu.  On a 5 night cruise, apart from a pretty sophisticated stowaway scheme, a person would likely have already arrived home by the time that Day 6 dinner is being served.

And as I noted, this IS for a B2B, and the Day 6 dinner isn't the same as the Day 1 dinner for the next cruise.

So ???  We will take it as it comes.

Celebrity IT has demonstrated on many occasions it's need for continual improvement. You can get two entries, but probably not from two menus unless possibly in a suite, especially if you ask the day before the b2b. 🙂

3 hours ago, downsmead said:

An Aperol spritz is above the CDP, not sure by how much, possibly $1 or $2, plus gratuity.

Trying to decide if I should upgrade to the CBP for my upcoming 10 nights. With my Elite status would get 10% discount bringing the cost to $139 CDN so approximately $14 per day with grats. I like martinis made with grey goose vodka, aperol spritzers and good red cabs. In between drink perrier and san pellegrino but not sure of the cost of a small bottle of either one. I'll have a red cab from home but that's only 4 glasses.  

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Trying to decide if I should upgrade to the CBP for my upcoming 10 nights. With my Elite status would get 10% discount bringing the cost to $139 CDN so approximately $14 per day with grats. I like martinis made with grey goose vodka, aperol spritzers and good red cabs. In between drink perrier and san pellegrino but not sure of the cost of a small bottle of either one. I'll have a red cab from home but that's only 4 glasses.  

I meant to say PBP. 

Perrier and San Pellegrino are on the Premium, so it may be worth the upgrade. Plus you then get the choice of martinis from the Martini bar 🍸

Edited by downsmead
  • Thanks 1

Why don’t you test out your CBP for the first day or 2 and see how much extra you are paying for the PBP eligible drinks. You can always upgrade on board.

Randy

• Thanks 1