Ventura

Bin man

2 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Looks very quiet around Ventura not much traffic movement guess everybody nearly on board .3 ships now in service 

We passed her yesterday on the IoW ferry, quite busy on her dock with a barge alongside, looked like it was unloading?

1185 passengers on ventura tonight.  That's only 37% capacity. Very surprised that it was so low . She did look very splendid in the dark stormy clouds. Also was delayed an hour said it was to covid testing being late .

I think people are only slowly getting back to normal and for most that has not happened yet. The other thing is you do need to invest a lot of money in a cruise and most, I feel are going to wait to hear what the pioneers say at the end of their cruises. October is a bit late for people to do summer holidays and the children have gone back to school.  Double vaccinations has not happened for them.

Regards John

5 hours ago, john watson said:

I think people are only slowly getting back to normal and for most that has not happened yet. The other thing is you do need to invest a lot of money in a cruise and most, I feel are going to wait to hear what the pioneers say at the end of their cruises. October is a bit late for people to do summer holidays and the children have gone back to school.  Double vaccinations has not happened for them.

Regards John

John in normal years September and October are very popular months to cruise in. We have always cruised over his period

We usually have cruises September/October and January/February but not this year and I think it will be around April before we think about going another cruise we did do a five night cruise on FO on the 23 Aug which was very good only had 500 passengers though 😂

19 hours ago, Britboys said:

Many of her potential customers are probably trying out the new kid on the P&O block too...

We're off to the Canaries on Ventura in November, but would have booked Iona if the timings had worked out for us  as its doing the same itinerary more or less.

I chickened out of booking one of the Caribbean or TA cruises. With different regulations for each island and  flying out of Barbados, thoughts of what if this, what if that occurs. So I  have also booked the Canaries on Ventura in November.

No airports and just Spain/Portugal regulations to think about. 

I have never been on Ventura  before so after spotting this cruise I did a bit of You tubing and thought what a nice ship. So I have booked it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, GOQ said:

I chickened out of booking one of the Caribbean or TA cruises. With different regulations for each island and  flying out of Barbados, thoughts of what if this, what if that occurs. So I  have also booked the Canaries on Ventura in November.

No airports and just Spain/Portugal regulations to think about. 

I have never been on Ventura  before so after spotting this cruise I did a bit of You tubing and thought what a nice ship. So I have booked it.

I agree that it is a good idea to stick to cruises with a minimum of destinations, at least for peace of mind. A Caribbean cruise at the moment would have my head spinning with the complexity. My next cruise is to the Canaries on Iona so only 2 countries but I note that you can go ashore independently in Maderia but in a bubble is required for Lisbon. This diminishes the advantage of the scheduled overnight there so no going out to dinner or clubbing etc. I still go clubbing twice a week, to the united services club 🥳

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I agree that it is a good idea to stick to cruises with a minimum of destinations, at least for peace of mind. A Caribbean cruise at the moment would have my head spinning with the complexity. My next cruise is to the Canaries on Iona so only 2 countries but I note that you can go ashore independently in Maderia but in a bubble is required for Lisbon. This diminishes the advantage of the scheduled overnight there so no going out to dinner or clubbing etc. I still go clubbing twice a week, to the united services club 🥳

You are correct about Lisbon. On a recent cruise with Marella to Lisbon we were only allowed off the ship as part of an organised tour.

• Like 1

I think Europe generally is not very happy with the UK at the moment with Brexit and AUKUS and I should go on European cruises with few ports of call in the EU countries. Leaving from Southampton is a good idea as flying anywhere could present problems until Covid has been sorted out a lot more.  The ideal cruise for me at the moment is the Canary Islands as the seem to be self-governing.

Regards John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1