Problems with Guest Relations

Arcalle

Hi all, 

Just off the 9/26 to 10/3 Breakaway sailing from NYC. This morning, I was charged $800 from NCL above the final onboard expenditures. I resolved and closed the shipboard account on Saturday night.  We received another copy of our onboard expenses from Guest Relations this afternoon and the total charges from NCL are $800 above our onboard expense invoice. They cannot seem to explain to me these additional charges. Has anyone experienced this? Or is there a direct chain of command to voice concerns? 

Thank you!

Ashley 

wait a few days or so. it could be those normal temporary holds that automatically disappear. its only been about 2 business days. they usally disappear in about 3-5 business days. some banks and credit card company could take weeks or months to release the hold

1 hour ago, Arcalle said:

Hi all, 

Just off the 9/26 to 10/3 Breakaway sailing from NYC. This morning, I was charged $800 from NCL above the final onboard expenditures. I resolved and closed the shipboard account on Saturday night.  We received another copy of our onboard expenses from Guest Relations this afternoon and the total charges from NCL are $800 above our onboard expense invoice. They cannot seem to explain to me these additional charges. Has anyone experienced this? Or is there a direct chain of command to voice concerns? 

Thank you!

Ashley 

Hey Ashley,

So, you need to be very specific. Are you seeing an actual charge or authorization? The ship will run authorizations against your credit card throughout the cruise to ensure that you have sufficient credit line to pay the bill at the end of the cruise. Depending on your spending, these authorizations could be much greater than what you actually purchase. This is totally normal. And will stay on your account in accordance with your bank's policies. But, eventually drop off. 

If they are actual charges, then ask for a copy of the itemized room charges. It usually takes a few weeks for them to pull the final room charges from their archives (they do not keep that on line).