NCL and ships retuning to service.

roger001

10 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

“Are we missing some customers? Possibly,” Del Rio said of the vaccine mandate. “But today, we believe that our mandate is a competitive advantage.”

This is exactly what many here on the forum have been saying.

@ChiefMateJRKDel Rio took a very big risk taking on Florida.  He knew it could go either way.  He also took a risk that folks would resent the mandate of "Fully Vaccinated".  Finally, and this is for may the biggest one.  When he said, even children don't get a pass because the cruises will be fully vaccinated until the end of the year. 

Now NCL is the only brand that has not flip floped 10 times.  They have had the most consistent policy on Covid.  I did not book NCL because of that.  I book them because I like the brand and the ships.  However, I am glad for the strategy they are taking.  Those that I know ask me, "Are you afraid about getting covid on a cruise?"

I answer, "I am far less afraid of getting covid on a cruise then going to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner." Where I live the vaccinations are low, no one wears a mask and the hospitalizations are high.  Going on a cruise seems (I said seems) like a safer place to be.  

Cruise well everyone. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@ChiefMateJRKDel Rio took a very big risk taking on Florida.  He knew it could go either way.  He also took a risk that folks would resent the mandate of "Fully Vaccinated".  Finally, and this is for may the biggest one.  When he said, even children don't get a pass because the cruises will be fully vaccinated until the end of the year. 

Now NCL is the only brand that has not flip floped 10 times.  They have had the most consistent policy on Covid.  I did not book NCL because of that.  I book them because I like the brand and the ships.  However, I am glad for the strategy they are taking.  Those that I know ask me, "Are you afraid about getting covid on a cruise?"

I answer, "I am far less afraid of getting covid on a cruise then going to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner." Where I live the vaccinations are low, no one wears a mask and the hospitalizations are high.  Going on a cruise seems (I said seems) like a safer place to be.  

Cruise well everyone. 

I agree.  We felt safer on the Encore last month without masks than I did last week wearing a mask in my local deli to pick up a sandwich for a to-go lunch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:01 AM, Sthrngary said:

Cruise well everyone. 

This…right here.  I work in the restaurant world and I deal with crazy safety and food audits/inspections, I can tell you I felt better pre covid on a ship than many chain joints and most independents.  Now, knowing what I have to do and compared to what they do above what I do….sign me up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1