Port of Miami Parking tips

codeyell0

I have been looking at my options.  
$20.00+ a day seems high to me so I was looking where else to park.  I don't mind a shuttle. I figure the shuttle will drop me off right in front where the parking garage will be a walk.  Plus the extra cost.
What have you used? 

9 hours ago, codeyell0 said:

I have been looking at my options.  
$20.00+ a day seems high to me so I was looking where else to park.  I don't mind a shuttle. I figure the shuttle will drop me off right in front where the parking garage will be a walk.  Plus the extra cost.
What have you used? 

Probably more discussion on the homeports board, but we like Premier Cruise Parking. Good service and self Park in garage. Runs about $10 a day.

From personal experience we have had issues with off site parking that has it made it worthwhile to just park at the port.  There are offsite lots at Port Everglades that are fabulous but Miami, not so much.

• Like 3

I don't know of any Miami hotels that offer parking and a shuttle. The Hilton Airport used to, but I believe they stopped it. I, too, wouldn't rust off site parking in Miami. The port is secure and, at least inb Miami, worth the extra money. I've done off port on FLL many times with no problem, but that doesn't help the OP.

OK, probably shouldn't be putting this out there but here we go. Was bummed that Garage C was closed so started looking for options. Some folks said that you park in Garage D and they bus you back to Terminal C. I like to park in Garage C so I DON"T have to wait for a bus. Some folks said they parked at the NCL garage which is right next to Terminal C. Well that's what I opted to do since there was no NCL ship on either Embarkation or Debarkation day docked at their terminal. Dropped DW at Terminal C with all our bags went down to just before Terminal D and made a left to come back to the NCL Garage. Pulled in, got my ticket and parked on level 2. took the corner stairway down to street level and walked next door to Terminal C and my DW waiting for me under the Yacht Club tent. 7 days later disembarked. Got a porter after we grabbed our bags and he took us out to the pick up area. I tipped him and went next door to get my car ( total time from car in NCL garage to Yacht Club tent, 5 minutes.) Drove the car to the exit and all the gates were up with NO ONE to take my ticket or money. I guess when there are no ships at their pier they don't schedule anyone at the booths. Was ready willing and able to pay but no body there. I guess Mr. DelRio forgot about that nickle and dime...lol  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, miataman19 said:

I guess Mr. DelRio forgot about that nickle and dime...lol  

I wouldn't blame Mr. Del Rio.  The garages are operated (maybe owned) by the Port of Miami.  One more experience that a cruiser has related that convinces me that I will never, ever again drive into and park at the Port of Miami.