Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test.

sternfanla

8 hours ago, GeoHack said:

Could you let me know what step they skipped?

It wasn't a skipped step, but instead the card was upside down on the table, so the drops were added to the incorrect hole and when it was time to insert Q-tip to card, the holes were on top vs bottom, so invalidated test.  If they were monitoring closely, they should have noted that prior to the drops, etc. being added.  Thankfully, we had a spare test and learned a valuable lesson and all turned out fine in the end.

Edited by VaTech8912
spelling

21 hours ago, VaTech8912 said:

It wasn't a skipped step, but instead the card was upside down on the table, so the drops were added to the incorrect hole and when it was time to insert Q-tip to card, the holes were on top vs bottom, so invalidated test.  If they were monitoring closely, they should have noted that prior to the drops, etc. being added.  Thankfully, we had a spare test and learned a valuable lesson and all turned out fine in the end.

Thanks! We've done the test twice for return to US travel and I was just wanting to make sure we don't have the same situation. I think I'm going to jot down the steps with "Warnings" and have it next to us to double check the proctor. I think we just always do what they tell us and don't really think about it.

3 minutes ago, gotscrapz said:

Do we test again on the ship for re-entry to the US? I just booked a last minute cruise and trying to get up to date.

we are vaccinated.

Thank you! 

No need for additional testing for vaccinated other than 48 hour pre-cruise test (embarkment). https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

On 10/8/2021 at 9:31 AM, VaTech8912 said:

Some Lot#s got an extension of 12 months from Manufacture date (1/21/21) in example above, but none of our test's lot# where listed.  Bummer as I was hoping to have one that would work in January.

This is a misunderstanding of the extension of the expiration dates  to twelve months.

Existing test kits labeled with a expiry dare was given a three month extension of the labeled date after  the approval by the FDA to extend the expiry date to twelve months.

Your test kits were manufactured and labeled before the FDA approval.

Kits packed and labeled after the approval by the FDA were labeled with the twelve month expiry date.

Edited by Homosassa

On 10/8/2021 at 8:31 AM, VaTech8912 said:

Some Lot#s got an extension of 12 months from Manufacture date (1/21/21) in example above, but none of our test's lot# where listed.

NO - the was a three month extension of the expiration date -

NOT a new expiration date of 12 months from date of manufacture. 

Those two dates are close - but not the same.

22 hours ago, GeoHack said:

No need for additional testing for vaccinated other than 48 hour pre-cruise test (embarkment).

It is NOT 48 Hours - it is 2 days

The 48 hour requirement caused wayyyyy too much confusion and consternation.

The CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in.