Cruise ship entry requirements

Houndfish

Really interested to see if the requirement has changed. The most recent information I had (from someone who runs a tour operation in Barbados) was PCR tests were required within 3 days of arriving in Barbados. For our cruise departing FL, Barbados is on day 4 so I have no idea how they are going to handle it and wondering if our itinerary is going to change. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated travellers removed

DSC_2523-70x70.jpg
Article by
Kobie Broomes
Published on
October 21, 2021

Minister of Health and Wellness, Lieutenant Colonel Jeffrey Bostic, has announced that effective Sunday, October 24, fully vaccinated travellers to Barbados with a valid negative pre-flight COVID-19 PCR test result will no longer be required to take a COVID-19 test or quarantine on arrival in the island.

Travellers meeting these requirements will therefore be allowed to leave the port of entry with no restrictions.

It should be emphasised that the Chief Medical Officer reserves the right to request COVID-19 testing of any traveller and to quarantine them if required.  (MOHW)

• Like 2

So I need to confirm that I am understanding the above.  The only way I can get off the ship is that I was tested prior to the cruise, vaccinated, can provide proof of the vaccination and booked an excursion through the ship?  I am on HAL Rotterdam cruise 11/10.

3 hours ago, OC PAT said:

So I need to confirm that I am understanding the above.  The only way I can get off the ship is that I was tested prior to the cruise, vaccinated, can provide proof of the vaccination and booked an excursion through the ship?  I am on HAL Rotterdam cruise 11/10.

No. For fully vaccinated passengers.  If you want to get off of the Ship in Barbados, you need to go on a ship sponsored shorex. In order to get off on your own, you would need to have a PCR test done no more than 72 before you arrive in Barbados. So unless you port stop is within the 72 timeframe after getting your PCR test required to board the ship, this is not feasible.

• Thanks 1