Puerto Plata Delayed Opening til 2022?

RoyalC

I’m back here to correct my previous statement. I’m afraid I got my ported in the DR confused! 😱  We had two stops in the DR on that cruise. Amber Cove DOES have a pier. It was our second port in the DR, Cap Cana, that did not, and was definitely a tender port! 

These first two pictures are Koningsdam docked at the pier at Amber Cove. I’m not sure if the pier can handle Allure, but I’m thinking it is entirely possible.

BDEBBA2E-3014-4821-9187-B856CE66AD0A.png

31845AF7-8F06-4AEA-8C99-DC6944ACC9A0.jpeg

These next two pictures are Cap Cana. Definitely a tender port, and the one I was thinking of when I said no pier and Allure couldn’t go there. Thanks, @Ocean Boy, for motivating me to go check my pictures and report accurate information. I don’t want to be one of “those people” who don’t check their facts before posting, and I certainly should have here. I’m afraid I’m old enough that these senior moments happen once in a while 😱 and I had one with my previous posts. My apologies.

1ACD3EA8-2EA2-4EE6-9545-F75B4E0FDAD0.png

361F8928-B787-4038-985B-42E00C3A8241.png

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

I’m back here to correct my previous statement. I’m afraid I got my ported in the DR confused! 😱  We had two stops in the DR on that cruise. Amber Cove DOES have a pier. It was our second port in the DR, Cap Cana, that did not, and was definitely a tender port! 

These first two pictures are Koningsdam docked at the pier at Amber Cove. I’m not sure if the pier can handle Allure, but I’m thinking it is entirely possible.

These next two pictures are Cap Cana. Definitely a tender port, and the one I was thinking of when I said no pier and Allure couldn’t go there. Thanks, @Ocean Boy, for motivating me to go check my pictures and report accurate information. I don’t want to be one of “those people” who don’t check their facts before posting, and I certainly should have here. I’m afraid I’m old enough that these senior moments happen once in a while 😱 and I had one with my previous posts. My apologies.

No need to apologize for anything. Thank you for all of your information.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, perfect match said:

I’m back here to correct my previous statement....I don’t want to be one of “those people” who don’t check their facts before posting, and I certainly should have here. I’m afraid I’m old enough that these senior moments happen once in a while 😱 and I had one with my previous posts. My apologies.

Thanks for coming back with the correct info.  We're all human and make mistakes, but it's a testament to your integrity that you came back with the correction.  Kudos to you for being a responsible adult -- many here could learn a lesson from you!

• Thanks 1

We are booked on Oasis on 4/10/22, we got our email notice that DR has been changed to Nassau. We are also supposed to go to Labadee. Don't think that is going to happen either, I hope when they get around to saying that we are not stopping there, they change us to Coca Cay. Otherwise I think they will just make it another day at sea.